Couple nice fish on a large fly.

Discussion in 'Fish on the Fly' started by Flyfish Dog, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Flyfish Dog

Flyfish Dog Banned

Got the 6" salt gurglers out to try as I had not used them since I tied them 2 winters ago. Works great!
    15" bass
    [​IMG]
    11" Crappie
    [​IMG]
    Another 15" bass
    [​IMG]

2. i'll say they worked great, those are some nice fish. were you at a private pond?

3. stormfront

stormfront Guest

fly, tell me about the outfit that you use, please. you guys have me thinking a new outfit for bass. thanks.

4. Flyfish Dog

Flyfish Dog Banned

I use 3 different set up 7,8 and 9wt. I prefer using my 7wt Winston B2X more so now cause it easier on your arms and hands but you are limited to what you throw when choosing fly sizes. I am using my 9wt Scott Heliply in the yak in the picture. You do not need to spend big buck to fish for bass! I prefer faster action rods now for bass as the newer rods are much better designed now than say 10 years ago. I seen some nice outfits at Gander, Mad Rivers ,Backpackers to name a few so shop locally so you can try casting them. There are alot of nice rods out that makes it hard to choose. But one thing to keep in mind is get a rod that has no fault Lifetime warranty!I favor Scotts and Winston over all myself. Reels, use any good sealed drag models so you can use it for Steelhead in the winter.Hope this helps and if you haven't tried fly fishing for bass yet you are missing a lot of fuin. I haven't picked my Bait caster in 3 years now and dont think I will for awhile.

5. caught a few of these today. the largest about 3 lbs.
    [​IMG]

6. stormfront

stormfront Guest

i think that it could become addicting. currently, i am reading three books on fly fishing for smallies. my wife is going to hate me.

7. Wild One

Wild One Outdoor Enthusiast

You better believe it and probably for more than one reason. I was definitely in the dog house this weekend for pushing the time limits I'd been allowed by the boss. But those :B bass are just so addicting!

8. Flyfish Dog

Flyfish Dog Banned

LMAO!! If my wife has a problem with it I just tell there is the door!!:) But she never has so she been good about the addicting passion to fish on the fly. But she kind of get irrated when I am shut in my tying room tying everyday in the winter though.:)

Hey Pat, nice Bass!!