close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Couple decent bucks I got on film...

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by gf319804, Jul 18, 2008.

1. gf319804

gf319804 The Ohio Outdoors

Tuesday evening, I spoke with a landowner and got permission to hunt a 200 acre slice of heaven close to home. I was pretty pumped because I had hunted this property in the past, before the original landowner had passed away, and always wanted to get back on that property. I decided last night, about 45 minutes before dark, that I wanted to take a drive and sneak into a few of the bean fields out there and see what I could see. Of the four bean fields on the property, the wife and I checked out 3 of them, and saw a total of 17 deer, at least 9 of them being bucks. I am going back over a little earlier tonight to see if I can catch these two nice 8pts. coming out into the beans. I hope you all enjoy. I will apologize in advance for the less than stellar videography, and for the foul language. If any of that offends you, I apologize...

The Heavy Eight...

The Tall Eight...
    Part one:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. That is some neat film. The deer are sure loving the bean fields in my area right now as well. I have seen as many as 8 bucks in the same 6 acre bean field at the same time.

3. cool video...i'll got to get out to my stand now and see what's what.

4. gf319804

In one field last night, we saw 6 bucks and 4 does...That place is just ate up with deer.

5. gf319804

You know, I've always wanted to get into videotaping deer, but never had the right equipment to do so. I always used an older camcorder that took the high8 tapes, but could never get a good quality video converted to dvd or my computer. After having a buddy film a hunt in which I missed a nice 10pt. last year, I was disappointed to see that after the video conversion, you could hardly tell how many points the deer had, let alone it's size. I did some research this year, and bought a camcorder with a harddrive installed in it, and I must say, I absolutely love it. I can go out and take as much video as I want, and when I get home, I can upload everything to my computer without having to worry about losing the image quality. The video's can then be viewed from my computer, transferred to dvd, or uploaded to youtube.

Didn't mean to go on a rant there, I'm just really pumped about getting some nice deer on film, and being able to share them with my "internet buddies." Hopefully I'll have some more video to post in the morning. :)