close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CountryKat Fishing

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CountryKat, Mar 24, 2005.

1. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

I'm shuttin her down!!! I have heard people say a thousand times "it's getting to be to much" I never understood until now. I work my regular 60hr/wk job and try to get all my rods done on time, in my spare time. It's at a point where I have no time for my children and wife. So, something has to go, well it's not my family. My kids are 11, 6, and 5 I am going to spend the rest of my life with my family and not my hobby.

I want to thank everyone that has ordered something from me in the past and I hope you continue to enjoy it for years to come. I will still be part of the forum because I feel like most of you are family after the past couple years of talking with you.
    Thanks Again and I hope everyone understands why I'm doing this.

Jim Reed
    AKA: CountryKat

2. Jim, do what you gotta do man. It's sure not easy, juggling a bunch of things at once. I work 45-50 hrs a week myself, with a family, and am very active in the SSA, and yes, even manage to do one or two things here, when they let me, LOL. It's a tough thing to manage.

Family always comes first. Thanks for your support of the site, you're good people, and I hope you do stick around. Hopefully, I'll see you at the Tappan outing later in the year.

Thanks again for everything!!!

3. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

hey maan..its ok..family comes first.. but i saw the quality of your work and i love it..

4. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Sorry to hear you have to give up your passion. Good luck & family does come first.

5. The door is always open to the future.. you've already been there done that...
    nothing can come before family GOOD LUCK

6. catking

catking Banned

Sounds like you know your priorities Jim ;) Some go through life wanting to do this, but never do. Good for you !!! THE CATKING !!!

7. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

I will always build rods, just not as a business anymore. It will be done when I feel like making one. That is the fun part and the hobby I love.

My son and I made some spinnerbaits today and now we are heading to Wally world to get some fishing supplies. When we get home we are going to mix up some bait. Not sure why but he loves to mix "The Bait" . Guess I got a catfisherman in the making. Gotta respect a 5 yr old that loves that. :D :D

8. catking

catking Banned

The OGF staff would like to thank you for your support of the site also. Your free rod give aways during this past Christmas and the donated " cattin rod " I have in my possession was really appreciated. THE CATKING !!! ;)

9. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Bigtime! Thanks for everything Jim.

10. Yes, the family comes first, but I have to say I just tried the 6'6" ultra-lite you built for me and my spincast at RestHaven throwing a 1/64 oz. jig with no additional weight and WOW I was able to put that lure in areas I've only dreamed about.

Being early season here I was able to fringe the deep haunts of areas with a small offering and yes, as believed, the Carppies were there waiting for warmer water.

The 5"6" model you made also for my spin cast is one of the finest rods I have ever had for the style of fishing I do.
    So let me say, as I lip another Crappie I will thank the Head Fisherman that we crossed paths.

Now have fun with the little ones , for they grow and are gone in a heartbeat.

Thanks again,

JimG