close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CountryKat Cattin Rod Review

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by catking, Feb 21, 2005.

1. catking

catking Banned

Hey guys & gals !! This past season, CountryKat of the OGF, donated a hand made cattin rod for usage during the 2004 cattin season. The rod is a 6'6 ,one piece medium heavy action casting. The rod was put to test by yours truly :D , and OGF member truck . I found the rod to be everything a hand made ,custom rod should be. Very durable , with alot of backbone. truck used the rod while cattin the Ohio River. He said the rod performed very well and thought it was a good choice for catters. He preferes a longer handle than the rod tested had but overall, found it to his likings ;) . I fitted it with an ambass.6500 c4 reel and gave it a whirl. Very nice indeed !!! For those looking for a very nice rod for this coming catting season, check out CountryKats Rods ;) you will not be sorry !!! By the way, anybody wishing to use this donated rod for a month or so, please feel free to contact me . I am usually in an area close by so I could drop it off or make other arrangements ( via outings etc. ) The only thing I ask is for you to give a summary of what you think of the rod. Thank You Daryl (truck) for trying the rod out and a very special THANKS to CountryKat for the donated rod ;) .. THE CATKING !!!

2. Catking is right,nice rod!I got 2 new catmax rods for christmas that I think may get retired already.If i had not got them for christmas they would be for sale :( Good luck fishing :) Daryl

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

guys, a little more info would be good. I have been looking to get a couple. Were these the expensive ones or the ones that are on special. I'm poor & stink @ cattin, so I'm looking @ the ones hes on special. Let me know which one you guys tried.

4. catking

catking Banned

Hey Brian- you will have to contact CountryKat for that info ;) I really have no idea as it was a gift ;) Very nice rod though. Well worth whatever the price......... CATKING

5. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

For heaven sake to let Bryan touch that rod, if he does might as well break it :eek:

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I need that Rod, maybe it will end the curse. Actually the freakin curse is going to be broke this year, no doubt!

7. catking

catking Banned

I'll make sure you get that rod this season Brian. I'll either see you along with Jackson, or I'll bring it to the Kids Outing. You can give it a spin for a few months ;) ........CK ~**~

8. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Rick,

I bought a Carpin / Walleye / Steelhead rod off of him as well. I still haven't had the opportunity to land a fish on it (as I told him), but when I do I will have a full review for this rod to share as well. So far though.....it's casting capability is awesome :) Just waiting for the fight now.

9. catking

catking Banned

Thanks Shawn !!! Be looking for the review......... ~**~

10. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

Does he make any bass rods? I'm looking for a new crankbait rod and flippin stick.

11. catking

catking Banned

I believe he makes any rod you want. Just pm him or click on his banner that runs on this site ;) ......... THE CATKING !!!

12. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

Sorry but I have been away for a while. If you have any questions conserning my line of fishing rods please feel free to ask.