close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Country music Awards

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ruminator, May 26, 2004.

1. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

:) Leaving for work, but very enjoyable so far. Country seems to be evolving.......

2. fishinchick

fishinchick The 'Chick!!!!

Gretchen Wilson just sang "Redneck Woman". To that, I say H#LL Yeah! ;) Seems like a good show. I came home late and missed the first hour, but I'm recording it. My friend Tolly loves the song "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy", but they didn't do a very good job of performing it live.

3. catking

catking Banned

DA KING !!! still doesn't get the country twang...... But I do admit that the women are nice to look at - OH YEA !!! :) THE CATKING !!!

4. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

You don't hear much "twang". But I saw a steel drum, bongos, "punk" hair styles, a derby hat, hot pants, that all looked like a lot of changes to me.

Then again, to a hard rocker, rock and roller like me I don't even know the difference between country and western?

5. catking

catking Banned

Billy Goats VS Horses........ :confused: ........... :D I've tried to listen to country,it all kinda sounds the same. Crying in your freakin beer kinda music.BOO WHO...........THE CATKING !!!

6. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

You guys don't listen to much country,do ya?. With all the hillbillies that visit this site I'd think it would be popular here. Try it again, this time with feeling!
    I heard redneck woman last week for the first time, gotta love it!

7. Worm Drowner

Worm Drowner Banned

I like "real" country music (e.g. George Strait, Alan Jackson, Mark Chestnut, Clint Black). Unfortunately, about every 10-15 years, it seems that country goes through a "pop wannabe" stage where the music is total crap. It's in one of those phases now. Shania Twain and her ilk make me wanna barf. Yeah, she's eye candy but whatever it is she sings, it sure as Hades ain't country! Considering her husband is "Mutt" Lange, the producer for AC/DC, why am I not surprised?:rolleyes:

8. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

You mean I missed Gretchen? :( :(

9. fishinchick

fishinchick The 'Chick!!!!

Yeppers. I'm afraid so. Good news is I have it on tape. ;)

10. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

did anybody see Dierks Bentleys girl? WOW!!!

11. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

I'm assuming from that comment he wasn't saying at that moment "What was I thinkin'?" :D

12. catking

catking Banned

As a matter of fact, as I was surfing the channels, they showed these two. WOW is right !!! THE CATKING !!! :)

13. Hey Worm Drowner you are right about the pop wanna-be thing. It drives me nuts. I think it is starting to come back around though. BTW- is it just me is the guy from Rascal Flats absolutely terrible live. First of all they are just awful to begin with, but I've heard that guy foru or five times now and he sounds like crap everytime. As George Jones said- "No there will never be another Red-Headed Stranger, a man in black or folsom prison blues..."