close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Counter Balance Weight

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by AKBassin, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Hey all,

My buddy just got these counter balance weights that screw into the bottom of his rod. They work great, and the rod can practically balance itself on your finger now.

Link to what I'm talking about - HERE

My problem is that none of my rods have the ability to add these screw in weights to the handle.

Does anyone know if they make a different kind which will allow me to do this?

2. I had a very tip heavy rod and needed to do the same thing. :( Rodmakers Shop in Strongsville had a rubber cup system ( similar to the cups you put on the bottom of round chair legs to protect floors) that fit over the base of the rod handle and you inserted round, flat sinkers into it to get the counter balance. :cool: I doubt that you will find that type device at the chain stores but other independent shops may have it. The modification worked out for me. :)

3. Thanks, I'll have to check them out. I'm not too far from the rod makers shop.

What keeps the cup on the handle of the rod. Is it a really tight fit, or is some kind of tape required?

Thanks

Joe

4. it was called "The Balancer". I believe they are still avl at Bass Pro Shps.
    They put your rod into an upright position and really do increase sensitivity. The downside...they add to the overall weight of your outfit.