·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
7 days 21 hours 6 mins 5 secs!!!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Ok, I am now allmost ready. Confident out to 30 - shooting lanes cleard- clothes washed and sealed- broad heads on and flying sweet. Just waiting on the new scentlok gear to be 100%. Ill be looking for a little meat the first few weeks just to get the stink off the bow.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got everything ready to go. Bow is shootin perfect all the way out to 50, cloths will be washed and sealed this weekend and now the only thing I need is the weather we have today to stick around till next weekend. But by the looks of it that is not going to happen! It will be great to be back in the tree stand no matter what though!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Did some final tuning on the bow last night after having string replaced a few weeks back. Shooting where I aim it out to 40 so I'm confident & happy with that.

Next Saturday can't get here fast enough.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea this weather aint helpin at all!!! lol

·
Set The Hook`
4,215 Posts
weather is beauuttiffullll.....i seen more deer this morning on the way to work than I have all summer.....they were out in almost every wood/field line....i cant wait!

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'm waiting on the 1st frost.trust me the 24th is the day before my b-day that just kills me.The 1st day of fall is the 23rd and the 24th is Bow season.You just have to love the fall.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I gotta work the 24th & 25th, but believe me I'll be up a tree by 5pm. The last two years I've been lucky enough to be at the checkin station by 10am opening day with 120lb does.

·
walleyes and whitetails
384 Posts
Tomorrow tomorrow can't freaking wait been watching 3 dandy bucks this yr im setting out to video my lady killing a big buck tomorrow is going to be great deer or no deer

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Searchin for Skees & Eyes
1,486 Posts
I'm hoping for a south to south west wind so I can hunt a new stand on the edge of a well used bedding thicket.... Looks like its supposed to be west winds until 8pm or so. :(

I'll probably have to hunt my 'not-so-aggressive' stand or sit on a knoll on the edge of bean field overlooking a valley. The knoll has only small trees in it so I'll have to sit on the ground...

Decisions, Decisions, but these are the fun type!

WooHooo! Glad season is here!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Got my stands set and brushed in. Filled the feeders again yesterday. South wind precludes the use of one stand but my other three look good.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
heading out sat eve staying at deer camp and hitting it hard sunday!!! cant wait!!! good luck all and hunt safe!!!!!

·
Registered
972 Posts
No sleep for me tonight, way too excited!!!Good luck and be safe out there. If its brown its down tomorrow, got to get the stink off the bow from last year!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Well here goes nothing. Up and ready to get going.

Everyone have a great day out there. May God bless each of us with safety, with opportunity, and with insight today. And if we are lucky, may God bless us with filled tags!!

·
Bulldawg
1,059 Posts
Was going to go , but with the warmer weather in place not too excited just yet . Went to West Branch yesterday and went musky fishing instead . Probably going to head out next weekend .

·
Get in where you fit in..
121 Posts
Went out saturday morning and saw a small 6 point and 2 yearlings. Wasn't able to hunt the rest of the weekend due to a minor accident while helping my brother build his dog kennel. Hoping to get back out this weekend if I heal up.

On a positive note, my brother talked to the guy that lets us hunt his property and he has seen 2 monsters within 200 yards of where I was sitting on saturday. Hopefully this weekend I can introduce one of them to my Mathews Monster 7.0.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts