Ohio Game Fishing banner

Couldn’t Help It!

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Howland 937 
#1 ·
Wasn’t planning on any purchases to day. Was late getting up and had to run to town before I could even have coffee. So it was late for me to surf looking for deals. Usually getting a good deal involves watching an individual keep dropping his price. When drops are daily in increments of $50 & $100 you know he is going to sell. The trick is to snatch the deal before the other guy. Lost many a gun looking for the next drop. Anyway didn’t happen that way today. Just as I fired up my machine flag dropped on a Browning Medalist, full meal deal at bargain price. Couldn’t help it, nailed it instantly. Can’t wait till old lady gets home, she’s going to be real proud of me.
Look at this thing it is beautiful. Gun, case, weights extra mags, don’t get no better!

See less See more
#6 ·
I'm sure @Drm50 will agree that the times of finding $500 guns for $150 are few and far between these days. He's always getting nice stuff, not economy guns. $1K and up kinda guns with collector interest...so even at a $350 discount, it's still more than most folks can stomach. Those deals aren't quite as rare, but ya gotta be committed to it.

#11 ·
When I trade I try to stay away from specialized stuff that I feel has limited potential. I will consider anything on trade solely from standpoint of desirability regardless of book price.
Last few shows locally there were very few revolvers not counting Rough Riders. Shows are full of plastic pistols, black shotguns and AR/ AK style rifles. I also steer clear of this stuff.
In the end biggest part of that type of firearms is going to end up like Beanie Babies. The only difference is you can gut a Beanie Baby and make a bowl of soup.

#13 ·
This is crazy environment for gun trading. There seem to be a lot more people that are on a mission to buy gunX. It’s like going after a gallon of milk. They are going to buy it when they find it and they aren’t much on haggling. I look for there being a dump of guns of all kinds by people who think the Govt. is going to take their gun. They think they might as well get a few bucks, better than nothing.
Ain’t gonna happen. This ain’t Canada.

#15 ·
This is crazy environment for gun trading. There seem to be a lot more people that are on a mission to buy gunX. It’s like going after a gallon of milk. They are going to buy it when they find it and they aren’t much on haggling. I look for there being a dump of guns of all kinds by people who think the Govt. is going to take their gun. They think they might as well get a few bucks, better than nothing.
Ain’t gonna happen. This ain’t Canada.
I've seen just the opposite, most everyone I know has decided there is no firearm worth selling. Hang on to all of them you have because who knows. And BTW nobodys afraid of uncle Sam being dumb enough to come and take them, just impose stupid bans where in such a case those guns happen to have been sold at the local gun show years ago if you catch my drift. I say keep all you have and invest heavily in the standard caliber ammo's. Can't go wrong.

#14 ·
Back when I worked retail firearms I didn't see a rush to sell guns due to possible government action, just crazy buying with no regard to price. I have no fear of confiscation or registration happening in our lifetimes, with vigilance.

#16 ·
When any gun control makes it to law, the politicians don’t want confiscation, they want registration.
This will give politicians another huge agency to staff with more activist. These ones that are crying about gun deaths will forget all about them. The person that doesn’t shoot or hunt and has a few guns from dad, uncle, ect will not want the hassle or expense of registration. The Boomers are dying off, we are last generation that is at least 50:50 with Leftist. When we are gone the generations after us have been brain washed and will not do diddle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.