close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Couch officially released!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Lewis, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

The Cleveland Browns released QB Tim Couch today.
    He is free to negotiate with any team.
    Hate to see him go,but I am glad its over.
    Good luck Tim!

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Glad it is over, I think Couch thought he was better than he was?

3. Sorry to see him go...now I'm not going to have anyone to cry with when the other team scores or wins the game.

4. Good riddance. The future is looking bright for the Browns now!

Carl

5. I Think He Was A Better Quarterback Then What We Saw...the Line Was Absolutely Terrible...he Will Be Better W/a Better Offensive Line If He Ever Gets 1.......

6. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

Big Daddy,
    We need guys of your stature up front for protection in the pocket and to open some holes for the running game ! Open tryouts are being held as we speak !!!!!!!!!!! Get to Berea soon, if you need an agent I'm available !

Krustydawg

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

8. The line wasn't that bad...Couch couldn't read a defense to save his sorry rear! Held the ball too long, was too incosistent.

krustydawg, I get sore from fishing. I'd hate to see what football would do to me!!!! Would be fun to play, though.

Carl

9. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Butch is the one they need to get rid of. It's a shame that so many great coaches were available in the past few years. We should have done what we could to get Cinci's coach before they got him.

10. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

Couch didnt have the mental toughness to be a winner. I liked him. I thought he was the future...a dynasty player.....but after his embarrasing break down when he almost went to tears....i lost a lot of respect for him.....you have to be physically AND mentally tough to win in the NFL. He just had too much of a Charlie Brown/depressing attitude when he lost. You could see it in his sad puppy dog look. You cant be like that. You have to suck that garbage up and be the bigger man.