Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to plan the fishing trip of a lifetime with a couple buddies to Costa Rica. Anyone with with any experience going there or tips would be appreciated. Thanks:B

·
Registered
152 Posts
I was fishing out of Playa Flamingo on the northwest coast of Costa Rica in April 2011. We took a charter about 20 miles out into the pacific for offshore trolling. We raised a few mahi mahi and marlin, and a couple sailfish. Sailfish fishing is outstanding in that area. Not so sure about seasonal changes. A lot of people do really well inshore for roosters. I'd suggest doing a lot of research on the charter boats if you go that route. There's a wide variety of them available ranging from small center consoles to 50' sportfish. If important to you, see if the captain/crew speak english.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, yes at least a little bit of english would be good as I speak almost no spanish.

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Bill Beards Costa Rica is a company that can organize any type of excursion. At least thats how they did things a few years back when I went. We did 4 days scuba one day white water rafting one night hot springs 3 days rainforest and volcano plus more which they planned it all. Anything you wanted to do they made the plans and it was flawless. They are out of Florida and have reps in CR to help while there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bill Beards Costa Rica is a company that can organize any type of excursion. At least thats how they did things a few years back when I went. We did 4 days scuba one day white water rafting one night hot springs 3 days rainforest and volcano plus more which they planned it all. Anything you wanted to do they made the plans and it was flawless. They are out of Florida and have reps in CR to help while there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Thank you very much, I will check them out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts