Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how much the charge is for fishing Evans. Do they still rent boats there and if so, what is the cost? I would also like to know if they still rent boats at Ladue and the cost? Thanks for the info, my favorite People!

·
Registered
154 Posts
The cost for a permits is $500.00 that goes from 4-1-07 to 10-15-07 if want to buy a past you can call 330-755-1100 ext. 10 doesn't say anything about renting boats so you got me on that one. I can't wait I 3 tournament between pine lake and evans.

G

·
cpl, just called. you're right. wow, 500 bucks. i fished all three of those lakes with a season pass for years. the highest i ever paid was about 50 bucks, maybe less. you also have to provide proof of insurance and sign a waiver. boats are allowed, 12 ft or longer, motors up to 10 hp. talked to a young lady there who gave me the specifics. man, 500 bucks to fish. my non-resident pa license is under 70 bucks.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Akron has always owned LaDue watershed. They (Akron) used to run a boathouse that indeed rented small aluminums. For about 5 years now they have closed the boathouse and sold the rentals at auction.

The State of Ohio just recently (last year) entered into a 25 year leasing agreement with Akron to run recreational aspects of the waterway, also giving them jurisdiction for citations (unlike recent years).

Much of LaDue's shoreline has been for years, and as of current, remains posted as no trespassing/shorefishing although enforcement in recent past years has been lax. Depending on the political climate that may change this year....;)

As stated- NO annual launch fees-special passes-etc are required. Do have all safety equipment though as often,especially early in the year, it is patrolled by the State.

http://www.ci.akron.oh.us/pubutl07.html

Nip
www.dobass.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts