close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

COSI tomorow...(thursday)

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by Mushijobah, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Will be there carpin with my girlfriend and possibly The Dunkle. Will me there mid-day (1-4? maybe longer if we do well). Stop by! We did very well last time....

2. Hey mushi, I work right near there, I might take a walk by and stop by. I met crappielooker, cwcarper and bigchessie there a few times.

3. the dunkle

the dunkle Juicy Jay every day

4. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Good luck guys, be sure to wave at Shake and Chopig, They both can see you guys there.

5. hey mushijobah whats up , im the big guy you met sunday night. i was over by there tonight (wed) and they have a big stage set up where you guys were fishing im guessing its for the rib fest. not sure if you can get down there or not. good luck any hows

6. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

yeah.. good luck down there guys.. i have been chumming up several area by campus to get the fish going as well.. hopefully by the time fall semester comes, i'll be there enjoying the sceneries.. ;)

7. hey ak that is a good idea. Just in time for the fall bite also. :D

8. crappielooker

a bite from more than just fish.. i'm hopin'.. heh heh.. :D

9. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

You always are thinking! way to go, a man with a plan!

10. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Yea enjoy the time down there guys.....should have plenty of people around, since the Jazz and Rib fest is going on this weekend...10 to 1 says they block you guys off..doesnt anyone read the news paper??

AK, i hear ya loud and clear buddy...as ive always said, taking people to spots is fun....until word spreads.

Scott

11. crappielooker

never been downtown to the ribfest before, so i don't know if they block it off or not..
    its ok about taking people to spots i fish at.. as long as they don't ruin it for me.. i'm fine with that.. :)

12. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

No spots have been ruined. I'm sick of a handful of people being so touchy about "their" spots. Its COSI! The most obvious carp spot ever. If you want to blame people fishing there on anything, guys shouldn't be talking about carp fishing period because it is ADDICTING!

13. I don't think anyone is worried about the fishing getting bad down there, however the more people that go down there......the more potential for liter and trouble that could cause us not to beable to park/fish down there.

14. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I wouldn't bother heading down today or over the next few days. Town and Broad are both blocked, and parking is at a premium.

15. crappielooker

i'm not even gonna waste my time.. some people just don't get it..

16. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

Mush.. Dude I don't think your seeing the big picture..... It can get frustrating when someone spends ALL of their time and money ( we all know who it is) it takes to get a spot like COSI to work as well as it does. It does in fact get "ruined", it is no diffrent than you planting a garden, spending all the time and money it takes to get some primo veggies to grow....and then everyone walks in your yard and starts picking anything and everything they want without so much as pulling a weed. I have been lucky enough to meet and fish with some great people, the first thing I learned was to put back to whatever swim I fish ( And yes I have been taught EVERYTHING I know from AK, so don't hold it against me. lol). Yea it is easy to say that COSI is public and is
    But seems strange that as many hours I have put in there ( I have logged every carp and swim I have ever caught or fished) Including over 40 hrs in the 1st 8 days I fished there that I NEVER saw anyone other than the same 3 people that have fished it waaaayyyy before I started fishing there. I'm starting to finally understand SOMETHING that Scott has been writing about.

17. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

I dont know about you, but everytime I go carp fishing i spend about 4 bucks if I buy hooks, sinkers, and corn. That is not a lot compared to other types of fishing. To think that another person thinks they are the reason there are carp in that area is kinda silly. I chummed today for 5 minutes and had a swarm of carp vaccuming off the bottom (not at cosi). To think that only OGF guys fish there is also silly. I was there one day and there had to have been 7 different fishing parties along the bank (mid spring) all fishing for carp and cats. People know about cosi...And with carp being one of the most populous fish in ohio, I do not think people will go out of their way to go there. It is more convinience. If you guys are interested in finding new and more productive "swims", there is traveling to be done. If you do not like company when you are fishing, you might want to get off the beaten path a little more than the Columbus Riverfront. Common sense.

18. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Thats why i rarely fish that area, trust me i fish way more than most and you will never run into me at my best spots...unless you like to walk 1+ miles down deer trails. Dont tell me about finding out of the way spots...i fish them all the time!

Big Chess, not sure what you mean by that, but i'll put it this way....leave "others" personal thoughts about someone to them until you meet me yourself...dont judge by what some others think........theres enough "haters" on this forum already, and most of them do it to belong...but if you've learned something from me, thats great!
    Scott

19. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Seems to me this area has gotten way to much publicity..Thats why you dont talk about actual locations on the forums.

20. the dunkle

the dunkle Juicy Jay every day

This is a public forum and its main purpose is the share informaiton with other anglers. There is no need for a ban on disclosing prime fishing spots, and if people on this forum feel the need to tell others about where they fish its there right. In this country we have certain unalienable rights, the amendmants, the first of which is freedom of speach. I understand that there has to be limits imposed on what topics r discussed on this forum ( i.e. nothing inappropriate) but saying that people r not allow to talk about good place to fish is absurd. The bottom line is we all live in America and in America we r granted the privlidge of being able to say anything we want to. If u dont want to tell someone about your fishing spot that is all fine and dandy like cotton candy. If u r truly so concerned about the publics knowladge or ur precious fishing spots u should move to russia with the other fish facist.