close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Correct me if I'm wrong!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sowbelly101, Mar 10, 2005.

1. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

After reading this article, I tend to believe this is an incorrect statement or im just reading it wrong. If you look at this article link to post it states this.
    If a person were to do this it would put the bow of the boat lower in the water , increasing the chance of a wave to come over the front of the boat. When I encounter rough water I always keep the nose/bow of the boat up to break the waves an decrease the chance of a wave coming over the bow.

Any thoughts or comments on this subject?

Sowbelly

2. I trim the boat into a neutral or partial bow up position in moderate waves that I want to take head on. In large waves I again look for the most manageable positive trim for the height of the waves as I run a quartering approach. Head on with the bow trimmed down results in "spearing" large waves the possibility of being swamped. :eek: Bow trimmed down and spearing the waves might be OK for the US Navy as they are watertight. :rolleyes:

3. The only time I run with the trim down is to plan the boat :cool: