close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Corn/ Pellet Stoves

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by getinjiggy, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Trying to save some money on my fuel bill, Ive been looking to buy one or the other. Im telling you stores cant keep them in stock! Ive played hell for 2 months. Yesterday in luck Lowes had two of them delivered. One was sold, and the other we were able to put on hold till we got there! I would've prefered corn, but this new pellet stoves gonna have to get us by! We have been told theres a waiting list til Jan for corn stoves. I will get one of them this summer when theres not such a rush to have one!!Glenn

2. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

Just remember that with the rising popularity of these, it would be wise to stock up on the pellets also. When the weather gets cold a pellet stove won't help if you don't have the pellets. ;)

3. those corn stoves are sweet. I was looking at them at the paul bunyan show and man I can't wait to get one. You can get them with a hopper that you fill only once a year. they were telling me that it takes about two acres a year to heat your home and that is also for year round hot water if yo want the company that I am gettin mine from let me know. you can have a corn stove this winter.

4. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

How do those corn stoves work? I'm assuming they burn the corn or cob or both. Just curious, I guess.

5. Ive got a ton of pellets on order now. These stoves work on a auger system. Its pretty cool on how they work. You almost need to watch one burn. Glenn