close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Corn on the grill!

Discussion in 'OGF Kitchen' started by twistertail, May 25, 2005.

1. I was grilling some chicken last night and had some corn on the cob, well I just put the corn right on the grill with the chicken and it was great. I've done corn that way but it turned out great.

2. It is awesome man cooked on the grill...
    I'll take mine in this order
    grill with husk on peeling them off as the corn cooks
    firepit with husk on right in the coals without peeling off
    microwave in or out of husk
    broiled as slow as possible as far away from the heat as I can get it
    water if in a pinch as last resort

3. I have always just boiled it in water but like this grill way much better. I already had it husked and just put it right on the grill until it just started to brown a little and then turned it, man it was good. I saw a recipe for chile butter once I want to try, it was really just some chilli poweder mixed in with melted butter but man I bet that would be good.

Oh by the way, the chicken I marinated in Caribean jerk marinade and that stuff is great! I just use the Kroger brand, its just as good as the Lawyres.

4. Tee

Tee Team OGF

Twist,
    I usually husk the corn butter it up real good then wrap it on aluminum foil and through it on the grill. Man is it good that way....

Usually at the upcomming summer festivals they cook it with the husk on. Then peel it back and dip it in butter.....YUM!

You guys are making me hungry......

Now, Guess what I have to have tonight for supper????

:D :D

5. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Next time try it this way:

Take the corn, in the husks, and just peel the husks back enough to be able to pull the silks off the top of the ears. Then replace the husks, and soak them in a bucket/sink of water for 30 minutes. Then throw them on the grill for 20 minutes, rotating as needed.

The water prevents the husks and corn from burning, and helps to steam the corn. It's really really good.

6. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

That is exactly how I would do it!! Man my mouth is watering!!!!

7. I have had it done on the grill like that before but never done it myself. If you have GOOD corn I dont think it matters what you do to it, it will be good. I cant wait till the farm markets get theres!!

8. I usually soak them over night in the bucket of water...mmmmmmmmmmm... can' beat grilling them that way...

9. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

That's what I had tonight, only it came out of a can and was boiled on the stove...but...my chicken breasts were grilled out. Just finished eating & this thread has me drooling. I will do corn on the cob soon, maybe even torture you with some pictures too.

10. Hey Jim you'll love the corn on the grill. I'm smoking a pork roast tomorrow and plan on doing more corn on the grill, heck I might even put a few ears in the smoker just see what it tastes like.

11. crappiebub

crappiebub Justcrazy's Guide!

Think I'll have to grill up one of these this weekend! :) :) :) :)

[​IMG]

12. captnroger,
    Exactly the way my Grandfather did it in the '50s & I still do it that way!
    Mike

13. LFN

LFN

If you so the corn in water, use a large (deep) pot, stand the husked ears on END, put in an inch of water.
    This method seems to really hold in the flavor.

14. LFN,
    Never thought about it, but it's what I do using my big, deep stock pot.
    Mike