close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cooler Weather/More Deer!!

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by Hoss5355, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Went out last night and sat in one of my treestands for an hour and a half. This stand is in a good location for observation, but not a real good hunting location. You can get in and out without spooking deer, so I thought I might enjoy the evening outside. It overlooks a couple of food plots that I put out 4 weeks ago. Had 11 deer come out by 7:15, which really surprised me. Usually they are later this time of year, but as soon as the temp started to drop, they flocked in. This years young were really carrying on playing with each other, and had two young bucks tickling antlers a little. It was a rowdy night on the plots!! I can't wait for some leaves to fall so I can see better... I know they are keeping my plots mowed down. I have some pics of the plots that my girlfriend is working on getting downloaded on the computer. One good thing about the rain here the past couple weeks...it 2 weeks after I had my plots in, and they are growing better than any other year!! I can't wait for bow season....only a little bit longer!!

Kevin

2. Thanks for the forecast Hoss.............Rich