close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

cool

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by boonecreek, Aug 20, 2008.

1. :) man, its a thrill reading the post of all thouse steelhaed moving in out of the lake. can,t emagin the thrill of fishing for them. all we get is 1 pound ( or less ) state raised trout.

2. If you're thrilled just reading about them then you'd probably crap yourself if you hooked into one! :p They have such raw explosive power and can be quite acrobatic. I caught a lot of steelies last season, but every hook up still gets my heart racing. I can't wait for them to show up again here in our streams.

John

3. thanks, i,m hoping to get up that way this year. if its any thing like hooking a 15 pound striper i know i will be thrilled.

4. when should they begin to make their move? does it depend more on temps or the turn of the calendar?

5. Keith R

Keith R One On The Turn

Sometime around the end of Sept. Cooler weather and a good heavy rain to get them in the creeks.

6. fishinbula

fishinbula Its going under

they are already on the move. a few are being caught off the wall in fairport right now. give it a few more weeks and you will see bigger numbers of them coming in.