Cool Pictures, Cool Experience

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Hetfieldinn, Jul 18, 2008.

1. I got a call from Craig at Erie Outfitters on Monday offering me a once in a lifetime experience. He explained that Matt Straw and a camera man from In-Fisherman was in town with Bass Pro and lure designer/manufacturer Ron Perrine. Unfortunately for them, and fortunately for me, the guy that was supposed to take them out on Lake Erie was MIA, and they needed a guy with a Lund boat equipped with a Mercury motor. Being a fan of the show and magazine for as long as I can remember, I jumped at the opportunity.

I got to go out and fish and hang out with them for the last four days. They were doing a piece on perch and smallmouth. We caught some of each, along with a bazillion sheephead, a few walleyes, and even a tagged smallie. We also had retired Bass Pro Jerry Meyers fishing along side us in his boat.

It was pretty cool to see how they film the shows. They seemed to catch on to my brand of humor about the second day.

[​IMG]

2. ..............................

[​IMG]

3. ...........................
    [​IMG]

4. ...........................
    [​IMG]

5. ............................
    [​IMG]

6. Congratulations, good things happen to good people.Hope you win an Oscar.

7. Congrats man! Did you guys turn that tagged smallie in?

8. No. All we could read on the tag was ODNR. There was only the beginning of a number visible, and the rest was grown over.

9. COOL! Way to go! Looks like you guys got a few fish on tape! They seem to get camera shy whenever I take the camera on the boat!!!

When I get my own camera gear and the motivation ($$$) to finance it, I'll be in touch!!!

10. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Congrats Het...that had to be a pretty cool experience.

11. very nice,glad you had a good time.

12. Mac

Mac

When will this be on In-Fisherman?

13. jennis9

jennis9 Fish against the fish...

That's awesome... what a great memory to have!!! Can't wait to see more of the film, let us know when the piece will be aired - if you know.

14. A couple more................

[​IMG]

15. ...........................
    [​IMG]

16. Are they going to show you on the show? I was watching a program last winter and saw a guy I run bird dogs with on another outdoor show. He was fishing on Erie,and I kept thinking I know that guy,but wasn't sure until they showed his name.