Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Gary B
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see the applications are out for this year's controlled hunts. I see that once again, there are no hunts scheduled for Plumbrook. Does anyone know why this is. Someone must be shooting them in there. It was already way to populated with deer.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I am pretty sure they are fixed.Years ago my hunting buddies and I always put in for Ravenna Arsenal.For about 5-6 years in a row the guy that duck hunted with us got in with his friend.He admitted to us smiling that you have to know the rite people

·
Gary B
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sure that's possible. However I know I have hunted in plumbrook probably at least five times over the past 20 years and have also been at Ravenna at least that many times. I've also been picked for the mosquito muzzleloader hunt several times. I don't know anybody at any of those sites. Maybe I've just been extremely lucky. I don't know but I do enjoy hunting at those places when I have had the opportunity. I'm sure a few of those times that I've been there, I may have went as a friend of somebody else who got picked. I know there were several hunts at Ravenna that I went with my daughter who had gotten picked for the women's hunt. Back when my kids were youth, they almost got picked every year for the youth hunts at mosquito. I will say that I have not been picked for anything for at least the last 5 years I'm thinking. Even the women's hunt that my daughter used to get, she has not been picked for probably at least 5 years.

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
The Ravenna hunt this year is only one day. That’s it, saw in the information about areas for controlled hunts. Even shows how many applied last year for the few openings, odds are against you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
556 Posts
Wife , son, nephew and I all struck out for Mosquito gun. Both my son and I got picked for Salt Fork Archery. They assign you a two week period to hunt. No weekends for the area and dates I got. Good thing I am retired. Not sure about the population down there now days. Guess I will do an early Sept. squirrel hunt and scout some as well.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts