close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Controlled hunt results

Discussion in 'The Lodge' started by wallydog, Aug 18, 2007.

1. I won I won LOL. yeah. My 1st controlled deer hunt. Actually everyone who applied gets to go. So me and Woody get to go. Wild cat hollow.

2. Wormdunker69,
    If drawn, the applicant will receive 2 permits, 1 for the applicant and 1 for the partner of their choice. At least 1 hunter must be 18 years or older. The Department of Defense charges a $5 administrative fee to each participant. 90 pairs of hunters will be chosen to hunt each day. Shotguns only. No muzzleloaders or handguns permitted.

Just Transfer the permit to someone you trust (if Anyone) over 18 to hunt with your son if you can not go.

3. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

i had applied for over 10 years for mosquito and ravenna. never got the call:mad:(i know its not a call, its a letter) i quit applying when they started asking for my SSN over the web.

good luck to all who were picked.:D woodysoutdoors, my reply is nothing personal towards you, but everybody doesn't get to go. unless your statement ment, everybody that you know who applied was picked. then congrads, your a lucky bunch:D and i read it wrong:eek:

4. Everyone that appied for the new Early muzzle load gets the permit.Thats not the case for the other hunts.

5. My wife got picked for plumbrook. Yeeeeaaaah! I hope it holds up, she was picked last year & then was cancelled because they screwed up & picked to many names. Were looking forward to it. A buddy invited me a couple years ago & never saw so many deer in one day.

6. I have been applying for the controlled hunts for 6-7 years now and have never been drawn, but I see so many names there repeatedly. It really is very frustrating. Yeah everyone that put in for the early Muz hunts got it. I really think that this is another way for them to make more money as this was the first year you had to ay for the Muz hunts. Good luck to those who were picked.

7. what I was saying is everyone who entered for wild cat (early muzzle loader) last year got to go and everyone who entered this year gets to go, if I am wrong then so be it but to my knowledge this is true.

as for SS number on the net I trust it more than on some disk that the gov let an intern take home and get stolen..yep you guessed it all my info was on that disk.

8. I MEANT for wild cat. Why doesn't everyone just jump me for a sentence mistake. ok let me rephrase that. I did say wild cat but part of my sentence was taken out of context.

9. I MEANT FOR WILD CAT HOLLOW. EXCUSE ME.

I am SORRY if some of you don't get picked and some of the same ones do. Think of it like this..does everyone win the lottery? No, or we'd all be rich. This was a 1st for me and I was excited. Forgive me for wanting to share my excitement with OGF members.

10. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

Mine was to!:mad:

11. Did you get the papers in the mail that said they would cover you for a year then after that you have to pay them to protect you. However, they are not responsible if something happens. It makes no sense to me.

12. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

I got it, bad on my part I did not sign up for it. It should be free for life since the State messed up. All that did was give the bad guys a one year wait.

13. That's how I felt it should be free. I did not sign up either. Wonder if it is too late to sign up?

14. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

My Wife and I were just discussing that....

15. The Division of Wildlife actually looses money on controlled hunts. We have to pay to send out all the publications, pay people to process the applications, enter data, and run the actual hunts. Its just a way to get people who dont have access to very much prime hunitng land, the opportunity to have a good hunt. As far as the SSN thing, it's because we get hundreds of people cheating, and putting their name in more than once, using fake names and all kinds of stuff. Its just an effort to increase everyone's chances.

16. Didn't get drawn for either the Plumbrook or Ravenna but I did put in for the early muzzleloader hunt for Wildcat Hollow ( along with about 1200 other guys). For the big 5 drawings they had 32541 applicants and only 717 drawn. Not good odds 45-1. Also they made $97623 off the big 5.

17. Scaupstopper

Scaupstopper Duck Enemy #1

My wife got pulled for the Ravenna ladies hunt. It will be a good chance for her to kill a nice buck.

18. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

You would have a hard convincing me that the State looses money on the controlled hunt. At 3-5 dollars pop they are making money or they would be charging more. ODNR will not loose money. As far as ODNR people working, they would be getting paid regardless. If the hunt is on their day off, they work it, and they get comp time or a flex day for their time. I'm an OCSEA (Ohio Civil Service Employees Association) member and I know how the State is cheap. If they can get out of paying overtime they will.