close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CONSTRUCTIVE critisism only please

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by flypilot33, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Our group just got our website up and I was looking for some ideas for it. Things you would want to see or not see?? Any ideas or help would be great. Some parts are still under construction, so forgive that please.
    www.COLEOUTDOORS.com

Thanks,

2. littleking

littleking Crossing Lines LIKE A PRO

1st. get rid of frontpage, the html is horrible for cross-browser compatability
    2nd. resize the pictures using photoshop, dont just shrink them with frontpage
    3rd. redo the gif up top, its transparency does not work well on the background
    4th. change the color of the menu fonts, also make the nav bar activate with mouseover instead of click
    5th. use html/php/whatever to compose your pages, instead of creating an image with your page content and posting it into the html. the fonts do not render, and looks very very fuzzy like this:

[​IMG]

other than that, your off to a GREAT start, looking good man

3. Thank you much. We have a web guy doing it, but he is getting on our nerves, he acts like this is his first web job ever.

4. littleking

gotcha...

the first version of a website is always tough, but once you get the framework down, its usually just tidying up from there

5. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

kool site dont no much bout those though...

6. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

littleking...you took the words right out of my mouth....being in college for this stuff....makes it alot easier to see faults with things now....

7. Actually we are firing the web guy and going with someone else altogether. Thanks guys

8. littleking

web design is tough, also a lot different from printing. But you guys have a good start, let me know if you need any assistance

9. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

It's great to see someone like Trent Cole be so much into hunting. It's also great to see so many SW Ohio guys on the staff. Just an FYI: The "Pro Staff" link has some work needed. Click it and you'll see what I mean.

Please keep us updated on the status of the site.

10. Yeah, thats one of the reasons we are not happy with the web guy. Thanks much.

11. Well we decided to give him one more chance. So over the next few days the site will be making drastic changes. Thanks for your opinions.

12. Well our web guy got to work and got it looking good. We still have little things needing tweeked, but those things are minor. If any of you happen to look let me know of anything you would want to see on a site like this, or not see.
    Thanks,