close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Construction at CJ Brown

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by cjbrown, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Anyone know what is going on over at the Dam. Noticed alot of rock and dirt being relocated. Also a huge backhoe over near the beach along the south bank.

2. BlueBoat98

BlueBoat98 Where's Waldo?

3. Hey Gary, I saw something in the News-Sun that said the rip rap rock was no longer any good so they replacing it. Also, they were repairing and painting the flow doors in the dam. They have really been hauling the crap out.

4. BlueBoat98

Well, I guess that solves both questions. They must be holding back the water so they can get in there to strip and paint. Look out when that paint dries! Those guys will pull the plug to get down to winter pool so fast that it will make your head spin. There go hundreds more Walleyes into Buck Creek... Good time to fish in Snyder Park once those 10 pounders go down the drain.

On the other issue, would someone please tell me how a reservoir that is 34 years old can have had "deficient" rip rap for 20 of those years? What exactly is "deficient" rip rap anyway?

Sorry to be grumpy... it's bad weather and lack of fishing.

MC

5. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

Well I hope that they allow us to get on the lake, I plan on being out there on Thursday afternoon playing around in Lynn's new boat:D:D:D

Doc

6. Personally I think the rip rap looks fine. Maybe with a lil luck they'll dump a couple loads of rock in the middle of the lake.

7. BlueBoat98

Now that's something worth wishing for. Some good rock structure on and around the humps would make a world of difference.

MC