Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Conneaut on 7-5. In 10 hours of fishing we only managed 5 Walleye. #3 big dipsydiver back 105-130 in 65ft. Saw quite a few nets in the water. Not sure if they were getting them high or low but we sure have been struggling this year.

·
Registered
545 Posts
You need to go deeper....we killed 'em last weekend in 68-72fow out of Conny -out to NW then W troll

I can't imagine thaT IT HAS CHANGED THAT MUCH IN LESS THAN A WEEK

And try 3oz inlines back 75-90' with harnesses.

·
Lure Junkie
2,220 Posts
Lot has changed since last weekend...lake rolled, temp is off, and thermocline almost nonexistent... Fish are deep...lot deeper than 130 on 3.5...

Boards will pull some of the higher active feeding ones, but if you're just running a boat program look at your fish finder...

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Eat-Fish-Hunt
1,624 Posts
Lot has changed since last weekend...

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Last week 3oz 45 back with harness's was a slaughter on the boards. This week 75 back was the ticket. Wed had a fairly quick 18 fish limit with not a boat within 2mi of me. Fished those numbers today and natta...they scramed. Grinded out 15 today with half on dipsy's. Couldn't touch a fish with a dipsy last week. So for sure things have definitely changed. The fish were on the smaller side which is nice to see after pulling nothing but toads for past few weeks.

Strangest thing I saw out there today was a guy trolling with 2 Offshore Tackle boards on the same line:confused: Now that was a first for me!

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
Last week 3oz 45 back with harness's was a slaughter on the boards. This week 75 back was the ticket. Wed had a fairly quick 18 fish limit with not a boat within 2mi of me. Fished those numbers today and natta...they scramed. Grinded out 15 today with half on dipsy's. Couldn't touch a fish with a dipsy last week. So for sure things have definitely changed. The fish were on the smaller side which is nice to see after pulling nothing but toads for past few weeks.

Strangest thing I saw out there today was a guy trolling with 2 Offshore Tackle boards on the same line:confused: Now that was a first for me!
You're going to pay for that mister! :D We had a very interesting conversation in the boat after that one. lol

·
Eat-Fish-Hunt
1,624 Posts
You're going to pay for that mister! :D We had a very interesting conversation in the boat after that one. lol
Had a blast out there bud! Who cares if the fish were hitting! Lol The "9way's to lose a fish" had my dad laughing:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts