Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put in at Conneaut this morning at 0630 with topstroke, my brother in law Jeff, and my son Mark and I. Flags were laying against the pole. We were pleasantly surprised to see less than a foot waves all the way out to the fishing grounds. Went 8 miles up along the PA line and fished 73-75 FOW. Marked lots of fish (not as good as last Sun, but still very nice). It didn't take long to start scoring on the eyes; and we pulled 12 by 0930, and another 8 by 1300 for 20 total. The winds picked up a bit when a rain shower came along. On two different internet radar pictures, one showed the rain moving NE away from us, the other showed the rain coming towards us. Yep... wet azz. There was several water spouts as you can see in the pic. After the rain, which lasted only a half hour, the winds steadily picked up till we left in 4-5 footers. my B-I-L was playing injured today, so topstroke and I cut him a break and returned to base prior to getting our limit. The size of the fish was real decent today. Topstroke got a personal best 12 lber, and we also had an 11 lber, several 9s and several 8s. Since we were making fairly short passes, we only had the dipsies out. Settings were #4/220', #3/200', #2/180', and #1/165'. Best spoon colors were Pink Panties, Blond Chick, and the red/black ProKing. You guys that decided to stay home might have missed one of the last chances to get Walleyes out on our end of the lake.

Attachments

·
After Eyes
471 Posts
as always another awesome day on erir with workdog and his crew just us and the waterspouts out there bringin in the eyes thanx again jeff also very solid program thats why u pull them consistently:D;):T

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Patrick. Twas a great crew today. Also, nice talking to Keith R out there on the water. You should have pulled up to us at the dock to say hi. I haven't seen the new boat yet! :D

·
Defensor Fortis
4,386 Posts
Jeff, LOL you're a crazy man:D. I wouldn't have gone out today. Good job!

·
One On The Turn
440 Posts
Workdog,

I was going to catch you before you pulled out of the dock but I forgot to get my minnies, so I had to swing by the fuel dock. Tried to flag you down there. Maybe next week I will catch up to you. Anyway glad to see you guys did good on the eyes. We did our perch limit (2Man) in about an hour. Perch were stacked 15 to 20 foot thick on the bottom due south of where you were. I was watching you when I called you about the water spout. Would have joined you guys out there but this was the second time with heavy cloud cover I lost my GPS signal.

Keith R.

·
Lund 2075 Tyee
558 Posts
Jeff, nice job on the walleyes. We pulled our boat saturday a.m. and is located in my driveway at the present time and soon to be covered for the year, once it gets winterized. Good Luck to all the eastern fisherman for what remains of the walleye season.

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jeff, LOL you're a crazy man:D. I wouldn't have gone out today. Good job!
Not crazy... dedicated. ;) It was actually very nice most of the morning. We were the first boat to the ramp, and there were only 3 in the parking lot when we come in. The fish were still there. Not quite as thick as last Sunday, but still very nice. I will try it this coming weekend and see what's up after this big blow.

Workdog,

I was going to catch you before you pulled out of the dock but I forgot to get my minnies, so I had to swing by the fuel dock. Tried to flag you down there. Maybe next week I will catch up to you. Anyway glad to see you guys did good on the eyes. We did our perch limit (2Man) in about an hour. Perch were stacked 15 to 20 foot thick on the bottom due south of where you were. I was watching you when I called you about the water spout. Would have joined you guys out there but this was the second time with heavy cloud cover I lost my GPS signal.

Keith R.
Keith, it didn't click till I was heading past you out the channel that that might have been you. Glad you could get into the Perch. I marked a buttload of Perch on the way out to the Walleyes. Maybe see you next weekend.

Niiice, but let's get one thing straight, I didn't decide to stay home, I decided to go to work.lol. Man that Grady has a dance floor in the back.
Gotta make it to the dance to get the action. :D

Curtis, see you on the water next season. Thanks for the help this year. Good luck to you on the steelies!

Time4Fishing, It was pretty nice out there actually. We were in rougher weather during the Wine and Walleye Tournament in Bula last month. It is winding down out on our end of the lake, but I'll be out there again next weekend, weather permitting, till we can't catch Walleyes anymore.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,509 Posts
Nice box of hogs man, I really need to hit the east to get a taste of that kind of fishing been awhile since I got locked into a bite like that. Good damn job, what a box man. WOW. Keep those fish over there for awhile so they stop in C-Town so we actually have a night bite this year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts