Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Launched about 9 by myself and headed north to about the 9 line. 74-75' of water. Tried cranks and spoon got white bass. Someone was chattin on the radio about how Colorado's were working for them. I tried several depths on dipseys and finally started dreging zebra mussels and catching fish. I raised up a few feet and got my limit in an hour. I was using Pink Panties on 3 1/2 at 175' back on 30lb braid at 1.8 to 2.4. I'm getting better at handlining and netting by myself. Got 6 for 6. Beautiful day on the lake ,saw very few boats.

·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have had to come in early several times because one of the crew was Chumming. I won't keep anyone out there sick, this is supposed to be fun. It's a 2 hr round trip and a day wasted. I don't get that many days free so I just go by myself, if I get sick tough $#*%.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I fish alone most of the time also, the only person you have to put up with is yourself. You know the program you want to fish, your not late, you fish when you want to, & if things screw up you only have yourself to blame.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I tell everyone I have never been sick. If you get sick please bring medication, the boat does not turn around and you will have to deal with it. :) although one time my wife did think I was trying to kill her. Lol, fortunately we are still married.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
496 Posts
I don't get seasick, at least not as of yet. I've had plety of people heavin after an hour or so. The ones that come back are those that didn't complain and kept fishing. Most of them know they'll be fine just as soon as they hit the dock, others swear they have to get better before they die. They usually don't want to chance it again and stay off Erie.

·
Registered
195 Posts
yeah dont have to worry about anyone alse.hey tangled web,.how ya doing havent heard to much from you.been pullin good limits out of bula.buddies been out of geneva 9 miles n/e been doing real well to.give me a pm sometimes,FISH ON!!!

·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have had to come in early several times because one of the crew was Chumming. I won't keep anyone out there sick, this is supposed to be fun. It's a 2 hr round trip and a day wasted. I don't get that many days free so I just go by myself, if I get sick tough $#*%.
I have got sick a couple times, I was trying to pull the anchor once and chumming at the same time. That was the reason the Powerwinch was installed. I take Bonine and eat very little, so far it's been working. That's why I wouldn't keep some one out there sick, I can feel their pain!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts