Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Capt Jeff
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call last nite from Snook with an invite to head to conny to jerk perch.Weather sounded decent so we gave it a shot.****** and Sean also joined us.

Headed straight north out of the harbor and Snook put us on em @ the 04.9N and the 33.3W,depth was 66 fow and hardly a boat in sight! The action was best described as "up and down" with many legitimate jumbos in the mix.20 perch were over 12 inches and smallest kept was 9'' with very few throw backs.By far the best perch bite i've been on this summer/fall. Bait was our own frozen emerald shiners and if your planning a trip you might want to bring some bait as most shops @ the lake only had goldens.

The lake was perfect today with light winds out of the nw.By 1100 there were just rollers with a ripple on the top.

Thanks to Snook for a fun day,sure was nice leaving my tin can in the barn!;)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I love it! Those fish are sick! You guys are animals. Except next time, don't rub in the fact that everyone was working while you were fishing!:( Tomorrow, I'll be out a few miles from Middle Sister hopefully putting a beat down on them too!

·
Capt Jeff
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love it! Those fish are sick! You guys are animals. Except next time, don't rub in the fact that everyone was working while you were fishing!:( Tomorrow, I'll be out a few miles from Middle Sister hopefully putting a beat down on them too!
I just might go back for more fun tomorrow! our fish averaged 2 to the lb

·
Eat-Fish-Hunt
1,632 Posts
Sure was a great trip with you guy's. The weather was looking iffy before we left but man did it turn out nice. Even needed the shades! The grade of fish was awesome today and the bottom 10ft was stacked with them. Figured we would get em' today before Carpetbagger get's out there this weekend:D It was such a good day that I even thought about crackin' open one of Workdog's Corona's he left behind from the party and I don't drink:p

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
Sure was a great trip with you guy's. The weather was looking iffy before we left but man did it turn out nice. Even needed the shades! The grade of fish was awesome today and the bottom 10ft was stacked with them. Figured we would get em' today before Carpetbagger get's out there this weekend:D It was such a good day that I even thought about crackin' open one of Workdog's Corona's he left behind from the party and I don't drink:p
Ahhh, so THAT's where those Coronas disappeared to. :D Nice lookin haul of fish there you guys! My back feels sore just thinkin about fileting all those fish.

·
Lure Junkie
2,220 Posts
Daddy Sized Perch.....Always fun when the elevator is working properly...lol

They should really be putting on the feed bag the next couple weeks!!

Dont gota worry about me this week...Ill be attending a Ducks Unlimited Banquet down home...A few more trips with perch like these and I'll have my fill...I love walleye fishing more than any other kind of fishing on this earth...But if someone sat deep fried walleye and perch down in front of me...Id get into the perch first...Its a real conflict of interest...lol

Couple more weeks and the boat is out and I have to get into my other hobby...Spearing whitetails....

·
Defensor Fortis
4,386 Posts
Great looking catch. I agree with litg8r, don't rub the work thing lol.

Did Snug Harbor have any frozen emeralds at the shop? He was out last weekend.

·
Capt Jeff
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Great looking catch. I agree with litg8r, don't rub the work thing lol.

Did Snug Harbor have any frozen emeralds at the shop? He was out last weekend.
i dont know if he did or not....but i know someone who does;)

If you'd like I can hook you up with enough bags of frozen to cover 3 or 4 trips.I live in champion so it shouldnt be a big deal to meet up some where.Let me know.
pm sent

1 - 10 of 10 Posts