Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well going up at 4 tomorrow should be on the water by 5;30-6;00 Figure on going North North east to about 58-60 ft of water and look for perch get our limit and finish the day trolling these new dave Kabooms! LOL! Figure for Eyes 60-68 ft. dp.
Haven't been up in a while so any tips from them who have been catching last few days will help. Buddies been doing perch around the pack out North i believe. Wife and me and two buddies going up. So 4 tickets to try for on both, Would really be surprised filling them. LOL! But who knows.
Weather says no rain and West winds 10 or less. 1 foot or less. LOL! See if they hit it right this time. Be the first i've heard this year. ;)
So only problem left is my health issues. But will try no matter. Not sure how much longer i can even go. This iss my 3d or 4th time this year. Makes paying for a dock not a good idea. But things are moving into my kidneys they believe now, Let's hope not. LOL! Not ready to quit and eat that lousy store bought. Wish me Luck.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Viper, There is no doubt in my mind that you will get the four tickets for perch at that location. We did great last week and even after a big blow they were still there. I hope you have fun with your wife and friends. I wish the best for you and your health. Let us know how you do.

·
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well after pulling and moving halve a dozen times. Found active fish. Limited with majority 11+ quite a few 13+ then managed two walleye and one lost at net. Problem with wire sometimes. Two lead core rods got tangled badly . Time to go home. Lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

·
HeWhoDiesWithTheMostToysWins
4,941 Posts
Well after pulling and moving halve a dozen times. Found active fish. Limited with majority 11+ quite a few 13+ then managed two walleye and one lost at net. Problem with wire sometimes. Two lead core rods got tangled badly . Time to go home. Lol.

Hello Paul,
We're sorry you had to move so much to find 'em, BUT glad you did!
I tried to call out to you,,,,, Bill, Fishon667 was with us & said that you were out somewhere, and we think we saw you trolling N of the perch pack.
Did you have your antenna up today? The boat that we seen that LOOKED like you, didn't???
Anyway, we went back to the numbers that I posted months ago and they worked again,,, for the fourth time. Solid screen, non-stop thick. Best 4 man limit this year.
After the perch'n, We started to troll just N of the perch pack between the 6 & 7 on the Pa line. We had to quit a little early,,,, cooler was over full!
Ended up with 120 perch, 7 eyes, 4# - 7# and 1- 5# steelie.

Perch went 3 1/2# fillets each.
Oh Ya,,, I must'a been a tad too deep with the wire & 4oz walkers,,, I caught a jet diver with a orange spoon attached!
lol Like finding $10 bucks, RIGHT?
See ya next time,,, Get well soon!

·
Registered
84 Posts
can you give me the place to launch my boat ? it'll be the 1st time up there for me...........coming out of mansfield..... thanks for any info. oh and wheredo I get some minnies?

·
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
can you give me the place to launch my boat ? it'll be the 1st time up there for me...........coming out of mansfield..... thanks for any info. oh and where do I get some minnies?
Pretty easy really! We go up rt 11 North, to 90 take 90 East to the conny exit. Go to end of exit make a right. Follow rt 7 through town and straight over the hill. Make a left into the parking lot and the ram id there. Also dockside bait and gas. Not sure who will have minnie's with this full moon. Oh before going over the hull Snug harbor bait is on the lest.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts