Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a great day today fishin with my brother John, brother-in-law Jeff and the world famous Curtis of the Miss Kate. After a short 17 mile run out of Conny as it was breakin dawn, we set lines and set to cleaning up on walleyes. :D We pulled our 4 tickets by 10:15, all on dipsies. Best settings were #4,165', #3/145', #2/125', and #1/115'. Hot colors had either yellow anti-freeze backs or gold. Speed at 1.6-1.7. Weather and wind was perfect, but a nasty current caused several tangled dipsies. Thank heavens I have a degree in ginsu, because my knife skills helped sort out the line twisties. :p We did best trolling directly downwind today.

We also got out on Friday with my bro, son Mark, and Curtis again. This trip was spent in and around the pack. Junk fish dominated the action, and it took till 1:15 pm to pull our 4 tickets of walleyes. Dipsy program was much the same. What a nice weekend!

Thanks for two great trips Curtis!

·
Lure Junkie
2,220 Posts
I was listening to all the chatting this morning second guessing myself...There was a long running joke about ANTIFREEZE WATERMELON...

Glad to see Curtis found his way to the dock...I guess you had to give him those numbers for the Conneaut Launch...Did he bring his notepad?

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
That east end of Ohio has been giving up a lot of fish for those that can get out to the right area. Hope they hang around up there for ya....the days for the swim back west are creeping up.

Nice job getting on them early.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Nice fishing Jeff. I needed your ginsu skills yesterday in lorain.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Lund 2075 Tyee
558 Posts
Thanks again Jeff for the invite to fish. It was really fun fishing with you guys. Had alot of laughs. Not to mention we put the spank down on some Walleye!!

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks guys! I guess I need to get on the Snook account too Ryan. That gas bill is a pain in the (place adjacent to my wallet). haha

Glad I could help ya out a little yesterday CB Jeff! :D Although, I guess I need to practice a little more radio discipline...already starting to forget my flyin days.

The walleye were definitely willin up near the promised land. And, I showed Curtis how NOT to net a Walleye on Friday, first one out of the gate. Thank goodness we had 24 more to practice on. ;)

Nice job Jeff and crew.
How many tickets worth of profanities
on the tangle? :D
You are sooo wrong there Jeff. It was more than one tangle... :p I can't swear to the rest of what you said...actually I can, and did. lol

·
Lure Junkie
2,220 Posts
Few more good weeks of beating em up....Generally once it gets cold and the lake rolls its over...That 1st night its 40 degrees and blows NE 5-7 the walleye kinda disappear...

That east end of Ohio has been giving up a lot of fish for those that can get out to the right area. Hope they hang around up there for ya....the days for the swim back west are creeping up.

Nice job getting on them early.

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wtg jeff you have been doing really well out there I told ya I was watching over your shoulder still lol.BD

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Yes indeedy :D Still not catching them as fast though. However, if we did the crew would complain they didn't have enough beer drinkin time...they are such a needy lot. :p

·
florida ice fishing
14,056 Posts
hey workdog you may have to work through the trash fish like the rest of us but you seen to find enough eyes to fill the cooler. congrats on having some good fishing with family and friends. those are the days that really count.
sherman

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
hey workdog you may have to work through the trash fish like the rest of us but you seen to find enough eyes to fill the cooler. congrats on having some good fishing with family and friends. those are the days that really count.
sherman
Not much trash at all today Sherman. Four tickets by 10:30, all on dipsies as said above.

We are certainly trying to make our days count.

·
Eat-Fish-Hunt
1,624 Posts
Sounded like you,Barry, and Ryan beat em' up pretty good today. BTW I cut you guy's off from the fuel card(tab) at the gas station. And as payback my wife said I will be cleaning up "solo" after the fish fry tomorrow while her and the ladies go shopping:(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts