Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gentlemen. I'm finally getting a day away for myself. A friend of mine is taking me fishing for 'eyes out of Connie this Saturday. I only get out 2-3 times a year because I have 4 kids (ages 7, 6, 5, 4) and one of them is a special needs child. So I would like to hedge my bets if possible. If any of you would be so kind as to offer me some advice concerning where the bite is, colors, or presentations, I would be grateful. Feel free to send me PM's and I promise not to spot burn. lol. Hopefully we can pull 2 tickets of 'eyes and then catch some of those jumbo perch I've been hearing about. Any info on the big perch would be appreciated as well. I'll respond to all PMs with a detailed report (in a PM) on Sunday or Monday. Thanks a lot and God bless.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Snug Harbor has a pre-recorded daily report that can help narrow down the search for both species, 440-593-3755. There is also typically lot's of chatter on VHF Channel 68.
I will be up there starting tomorrow so we'll see where they are and what they are biting.

·
Banned
14,059 Posts
I really cant help you at conny but if you want better advice you might tell us what program your going to be using. ie dipsy,s or inline boards with inline weights or big boards and tt 50,s just so everybody knows the best advice to give you on leads and so forth.

the last time I fished out of Geneva the best baits we had was double Colorado blades in nuclear green and salamander with green backs and eye candy was real hot. good luck to you.
sherman

·
Registered
173 Posts
I teach special Ed, so I see how hard it can be on parents. Finding fish shouldn't be too hard, there was a pack of boats from Geneva to Conny last weekend. We were pretty much north of bula and tried to stay out of the traffic as well as we could, but there are a lot of boats out there. Once there you should see marks, if you don't see any, move, because there are a lot of fish out there. You'll need to fish deep (40-55'). Guys are getting them on worms, cranks, and spoons, using inline weights, dipsys, true trips, wire, lead core, etc. Use what you have/prefer. Good luck, I hope you get a couple limits of eyes and perch.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Lure Junkie
2,220 Posts
Go for perch in 60ft north of the harbor it's loaded with some of the finest jumbos I've seen and they are HUNGRY...

When you're done focus 68-75ft with baits 50ft down...good luck!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Sherman, the guy I fish with likes to run four inline boards with weight and colorados, and two dipseys with colorados as well.

CB, sounds like excellent info. Thank you kindly sir. 50' is a bit deeper than I would have thought to fish, so I'm glad that I asked. Is anyone catching anything over 10lb? That's my goal for the summer. I've never broken 10lb on walleye, so I'm praying that I get one this time 'cause it might be my last trip of the year.

Purples and pinks? Thank you. Anyone else have any thoughts on color?

You guys are awesome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts