Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
HeWhoDiesWithTheMostToysWins
5,140 Posts
This is what I learned today...if a newbie is reeling in a fish and catches their frayed hoodie cord in the worm gear of a trolling reel and continues to try and reel they’ll strip out the line counter. Trust me on this one. That was a first for me in my 25 years on the lake.

lol,,,

What I've recently learned,,,,,
As I get older, that kind'a stuff happens way more often!?????

The "Monkey & Football Stuff' ! ;>)

Made ME smile,,,,,, & feel much better,,, Thanks.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I agree, every day I go fishing I do something dumb. Forgetting a strap on the back of the boat and trailer, rope dropping in water and getting into the prop, forgetting my hat when I get out on the water. Just one thing after another.

·
Registered
589 Posts
This is what I learned today...if a newbie is reeling in a fish and catches their frayed hoodie cord in the worm gear of a trolling reel and continues to try and reel they’ll strip out the line counter. Trust me on this one. That was a first for me in my 25 years on the lake.
Probably off topic but I had the misfortune of getting placed with a couple of morons for a pheasant hunt a number of years ago.. saw one of em almost blow his own head off when he leaned down. The knotted end of his hoodie got caught in the trigger guard and the gun went off narrowly missing his face. I asked him why his safety was off and they both told me they never used em because they wanna be quick when a bird goes up.. I was walking back to my truck before their last sentence was finished. Often wonder if any of those two idiots ever survived long enough to procreate

·
Registered
233 Posts
We had an 8year old and his dad today He was a champ. Reeled in alot of fish. Alot were on 300 feet of wire had a double on one time he was reeling in his dad o the other pole. Buddy netted his dads fish he quit reeling. Everyone was like what are you doing. He says oh I thought that was my fish in the net. Finished reeling and got it. Lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts