Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Lure Junkie
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's like a dream out here this season...

Same old same old wire and dipsy with crank program...

ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1378081249.206402.jpg
ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1378081273.240848.jpg
ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1378081292.908575.jpg
ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1378081318.035158.jpg

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Attachments

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
Nice catch there Jeff! Sorry to take up all the bandwidth on the radio this mornin. :p

·
Registered
570 Posts
Nice job Jeff and good talking to you out there.

Now I see how you operate. You set land mines( 300 feet of wire in tangled ball) out so my dipseys catch em. I told Brandon i think i had the next state record walleye coming in. Turns out all i got was one of your Yozuri crank LOL

That yozuri has some teeth marks in it for sure. It will be on OGF marketplace this week if you want to buy it back. hahahahaha

Good fishing.

·
Lure Junkie
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had em going all morning Gary I just couldnt get em to the boat...lol...Crushing blows pick up the rod 50ft of line and and fish was just GONE!...Willing to bet we lost 20 fish today...I had about 30 of my 80 clips left by the end of the day for my big boards...Just unreal...

I found a spot a little south of where we fished Saturday and it was just loaded with active feeders that were hooking up good enough to come to the net...

I dont get to fish near to you too often Ryan nice too meet halfway...PS I need that lure back...Or you auction it off to the highest bidder...

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had em going all morning Gary I just couldnt get em to the boat...lol...Crushing blows pick up the rod 50ft of line and and fish was just GONE!...Willing to bet we lost 20 fish today...I had about 30 of my 80 clips left by the end of the day for my big boards...Just unreal...
Jeff, we had the same deal going in my boat Saturday. For once, one of the guys kept track of total fish, final tally at day's end 49 hooked, 30 in the box. At one point lost 6 fish in a row all within 1/2 hr. 8 hrs total with lines in the water. Fished from 8a-1 and then 5-8 after a few friends came over from the campground. Evening bite was something that I have never experienced on the lake, total chaos in the back of the boat. Yo-Zuri Crystal minnow going two for one over everything else.

Scott

·
Registered
286 Posts
Can you run those cranks 1.6 to.1.8 with any sucess or is 2plus the only way to do it. Is mixing programs a no no?

·
Lure Junkie
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Generally speaking my advice is to pick a program and stick to it (no matter what you're doing)...We've been running this way for quite some time....I cant really troll that slow with control so that slower program is just not suited to my boats needs...

Mixing programs I dunno you can do it to a certain degree, but i prefer to go all in...I prefer cranks over spoons...

·
Lure Junkie
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Saturday I had a fish hit a rod while I was rigging the line to the board...Line went back hit another lure in a rod holder and the power pro rubbed a hook and snapped before I could grab it...apparently this is where the found lure with wire joke starts...

I have not done inventory...but somewhere out there is a lure of mine with 300ft of wire behind it...lol...possibly with a fish attached...

If you catch it...congrats...lol

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Hey Bagger!

We are headed to conny for a weekend trip September 13-15. Do you think we will still have some big schools around?

As of right now, the forecast doesn't show any big N blows.

EDIT

looks like the wind machine started...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Carpetbagger I caught about 300' of wire Saturday out of Ashtabula with a purple yo zuri on it in a 30.25" walleyes mouth. A good fight on the dipsey and then 150' by hand, it weighed in at 10 lbs. 6 oz. The fish still had fight in it

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Lure Junkie
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
apparently more guys that me having issues with yo-zuris on wire breaking...lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts