Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Conneaut today with Wes (steelhauler) to try for some perch and smallmouth.

Pretty tough day, NO WIND!!!!!

Just couldn't find many perch and many that we did find were small, especially for Conneaut. We did finally find a few of the big perch in 17 ft.

We had one of the better days this year for smallmouth, we caught somewhere in the 25-30 range. The two biggest of the trip were both caught by Wes, a 6-8, and a 6-2.

The water is clear and 54 deg surface and 51 deg at 15 ft. Smallmouth are still pre-spawn

Kim

·
Registered
11,348 Posts
Your water temp report is interesting. Surface temperature at Ruggles was 57 degrees on Monday. The male smallmouth were squirting milt.
See you Friday. :D

·
Premium Member
10,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ron,

None of the smallmouth we caught Tuesday at Vermilion or today were "squirting" The water temp was taken from my fishfinder and my underater camera. The surface temp is normally 3-5 degs warmer than at the 15 ft level. Smallmouth begin to spawn in the 55-60 deg area according to Reel Science. I guess if the smallmouth spawned on the surface they would be well underway

see ya Friday

Kim

According to NOAH, the temp at Cleveland is 50 and 51 at Erie. I don't know what depth they take their readings but I know that it is not surface.

·
Premium Member
10,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Joshy,

Those weights are adjusted from tenths to onces, pictures taken.

I'll call you today, but it looks like a north wind on Saturday, not so good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts