Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Lure Junkie
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Man these afternoons are HOT!!...Had the pleasure to fish with OGF Member **** Fish and Friends on Saturday, and we had a ball fishing and back at the dock....

Experimented a bit with some inline boards, I still need some training on these but we did hook a few up on 3oz 150 back in the AM, but they kinda dried up once the sun got high in the sky...maybe I should have run a 4oz setup?

Anyways, we finished the day with a nice box of eyes along with 4 Fish Ohios one of these fish was over 30" and pushing 10lbs, our rookie reeler (whose name will remain a secret) ran the fish into the transom and **** and I were able to land this thing with our bare hands (I wish I had it all on video)...lol

Slow pick still in the area we fished, most of the guys, and other charters I spoke with seem to be having a similar catch rate going on fishing well into the afternoons...Fish seem to be scattered out just about everywhere from 68-78' of water...You find 2 or 3 just keep working the area...

Big dipsys harnesses did majority of the damage 3 set 130-160', 1 set 90!-125 Jager Bomb, Blonde Chic, Pink Panties, Mixed Veggies, and Purple scale on dipsys...Did pull a few fish off the riggers with pink/purple renosky plugs as well...

I didnt snap too many photos this weekend...

·
Registered
423 Posts
You forgot the big chrome fishy off the rigger Jeff! Had a blast on the big roomy SS Carpetbagger! I am spoiled now and don't want to fish on my little boat tomorrow. Maybe when I drop off that bathroom key in the morning I can just take your boat...the keys are in it right? Don't forget...NINETY on that inside rod! Fish on! Thanks again!

OutdoeorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors

·
Wizard of Eyez
288 Posts
We finished where you finished. Not long after I saw you pick up and run we did the same. Seems like the guys in just bit shallower did more damage Saturday. Our fish were average, not like the hogs that are migrating, so I knew I wasn't on the main herd. Bigger fish reports from friends east made me think the deeper fish I was on just days ago moved on. This year it's been here today and gone tomorrow. Reports out of Geneva and recently Ashtabula paints a decent picture for the days to come though.

Global warming and Chartreuese Muffin did best. Black and pink pulled it's share. Speed for us was 1.7-1.9. Best set was 100 ft staright back on a zero setting which is not normal for me. Heard of quite a few fish coming off riggers 55 down wich is similar. Strong east current so big difference in rpms when turning. For what it's worth it didn't sound like the perchers set the world on fire Saturday either and guys I know who pounded Chautauqua for muskies got skunks. Just not a good day in the fishing world I guess. Oh well.... tomorrow is another day.

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
Good talking to you out there on Saturday Jeff. Inlines with 3 ozers 110-120' back have been pulling pretty good for us. Maybe you were a little deep with yours (below the upper fish and above the lower)?

·
Lure Junkie
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ran 150' cause I think I was pulling a little faster than you guys were...

LoL Im going back to big boards, plugs, and 12 rods this week...lol

This hot weather should change the game up a little in our favor...

·
Wizard of Eyez
288 Posts
I hear ya Jeff.... big boards for me too. Was that your inline I snagged up on Saturday? Pulled in a Walleye Board bright orange inline. Turns out my harness was robbed so I used the nice plump crawler off the lost & found one. Then I pulled in a jet diver also with what looked to be 30# Power Pro or similar with a gold/red hatchet blade harness also with plump crawler. Looked like some did a 360 out there and lost everything. Naturally I found it! Wondered why I had such a dry spell between bites!

Workdog I think you diagnosed my problem Saturday.... below the upper and above the lower. Saturday was not one to remember for us. lol I love a good comeback though...........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts