Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Lure Junkie
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Man now it just keeps getting better.....

Was joined Saturday by an OGF crew who were a pleasure to have on board!...Got into em good and we put in 5+ limits by noon and called it a day with a hefty cooler!...Beautiful day with the 60% chance of rain forecasted...

Sunday...Wont get into specifics about the morning, but those who were going to go were unable to meet my standards for floating around on Lake Erie therefore they forefitted their trip...I was glad I stood my ground because SHE WAS MAD SUNDAY MORNING...My dad and I ran north on a meat run and finished up our 12 eyes by 1030 after dodging the (30% chance) thunderstorms and water spouts...(Weathermen need beaten...lol)...Then came in as the lake decided to build up and up and up...

Best programs still meat on dipsys and tru-trips off the boards best colors still are Mixed Veggies and Boy/Girl. We also had a good bite going Saturday morning with weighted Bomber 24a's in cheap sunglasses (pic below). Also pulled a few on the riggers with Renosky Purple/Pink

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
You know you had a good day when your lid looks like that. I have a lot of old bombers like that-finish is gone-from the 80's-maybe I should pull them out.Nasty looking sky-seen that before. Thanks for the report.

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
Nasty out there for sure. I only seen one water spout. Was there more? Sounds like you had some fun at the dock this morning...

·
Lure Junkie
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dunno Tom...I was able to catch many fish on it prior to it losing this much paint...lol

·
Lure Junkie
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well now that you're back Gary its probaly going to get real tough out there with you thinning out the numbers...

·
Registered
242 Posts
Man now it just keeps getting better.....

Was joined Saturday by an OGF crew who were a pleasure to have on board!...Got into em good and we put in 5+ limits by noon and called it a day with a hefty cooler!...Beautiful day with the 60% chance of rain forecasted...

Sunday...Wont get into specifics about the morning, but those who were going to go were unable to meet my standards for floating around on Lake Erie therefore they forefitted their trip...I was glad I stood my ground because SHE WAS MAD SUNDAY MORNING...My dad and I ran north on a meat run and finished up our 12 eyes by 1030 after dodging the (30% chance) thunderstorms and water spouts...(Weathermen need beaten...lol)...Then came in as the lake decided to build up and up and up...

Best programs still meat on dipsys and tru-trips off the boards best colors still are Mixed Veggies and Boy/Girl. We also had a good bite going Saturday morning with weighted Bomber 24a's in cheap sunglasses (pic below). Also pulled a few on the riggers with Renosky Purple/Pink
I was one of the OGF guys that fished with Capt. Jeff on Saturday and I have a confession. I have fished many,many years, but have never paid somebody money to fish. Not that I don't like guides or charters as some of my buddies are steelhead guides. So this was a new experience for me. Also, since my older buddy had me sell his center console this year and me having a 17' aluminum I naturally have to pick my days.

My buddy Joe (the guy in the first picture) set this charter up with Carpetbagger and boy am I glad he did. Capt. Jeff and his dad made our day very memorable and super fun. Awesome boat, rigged to the max (I'm jealous) and very professionally run!

All in all a great day and a very heavy cooler. Thanks for everything-no regrets!

Geno

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Jeff way to go!

I finally got see your rig out on the water! Nice set up!
John

·
Lure Junkie
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the kind words Geno...Was shocked when you introduced yourself. Nice to put some faces with the Names on OGF. Great day, and I hope you and your crew come back again!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was another of the OGF members that had the pleasure of fishing with Capt. Jeff and his Dad last saturday.I've been on a number of fresh/salt water charters and this trip certainly did not disappoint. Will book another trip in the future for sure, if there are any available.......
Joe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts