Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had a good day fishing Sunday at Conneaut had 5 fish on got 3 in was a little windy in the morning made it a little rough. Thought we would start out fishing East wall not as it was not as rough . Made first pass down wall no bait fish no fish showing up on depth finder went over to west wall a little rough trolling south from light house to beach but the depth finder was showing bait fish so we stuck with it and it paid off . we ended up with 5 on and getting 3 in had to leave early as it was just getting good . Also was the nice surprise in the morning when the mother eagle and her 2 kids were sitting on the wall .

·
Registered
342 Posts
We seen the eagle nesting there on the west wall a month ago. Sounds like a good short day of fishing.

·
Dr.Ed
17 Posts
What presentation was working for you? 1/2 oz KO Wobbler in gold and orange worked for me last week at the lighthouse.

·
Registered
232 Posts
New to steelhead fishing. Can you guys give me a idea on trolling speeds, lures, tackle, depth etc. Tried to troll last weekend off Ashtabula with no luck. My son and I had no idea what we were doing. We have planner boards, typical walleye trolling gear. We are lost. Help please.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Dr.Ed
17 Posts
We get our steelhead at Conneaut trolling inside and outside the walls and at the entrance to the harbor by the lighthouse. Most of the fish are taken on 1/2 oz KO wobblers and 2/5 oz Little Cleos on flat lines 80'-100' back at 1.6-2.2 mph. Running side planers close to the walls can be effective. As the fish move up the river, we hit the shipping channel hard all the way to the south end. The best colors are gold and orange KO's and hammered green and silver Cleos. 14 lb Trilene XT on 7'-8' graphite spinning combos works for me. If you want steelies come to Conneaut.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts