Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy and I fished lake Erie today out of Conneaut.Fishing was great.We did'nt have to go very far out.Pretty much straight out of the harbor until we were in 49-50ft of water.We dropped anchor at about 9:30 and caught fish steadily until we quit at about 12:30.We took 49 fish in to be cleaned.They weighed 26lbs.A few were probably 14".We could have easily filled a two-man limit but we lost count and estimated how many we had.We also threw back several fish.Take my word for it,the perch fishing in this area can be fantastic!To anyone interested in fishing this area of lake Erie I would suggest contacting Snug Harbor bait shop at 1-440-593-3755.They can provide you with info on winds,weather,the bite,etc.Good luck,and leave a few for me.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Last year when we were out perch fishing we were keeping track of the fish by just writing them down on paper. I came up with the idea of using a lap counter to keep track. I think they call it a lap counter? It has four number places and has a little button to push to reset it. Anyhow if you perch fish a lot it comes in handy. Just my .02

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a lap counter attached to the keyring of the boat just for that purpose. Works great. I still do a re-count when I get to a few fish from my limit .At $150.00 a fish for being over I would rather be safe then sorry.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You guys are right.Several years ago I fished conneaut with a friend of mine and he had a counter.I guess I just forgot about it.But anyway,I'd rather come in a few fish short than pay $150 per fish over the limit.Thank's for the input.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I am planning a trip to Conneaut the weekend of July 10-11. You guys think the perch will still be close at that time? Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Went to conneaut today to fish...was gonna try for walleyes n perch..reports on wallys werent good so went for perch..we got there early and it rained all morning pretty steady.. we was all prepared for that though..i brought 2 umbrellas and we had rainsuits also..was holding the umbrellas an trying to fish..we saw some boats and went out that way to see if any fish were there...didnt mark any so i drove around awhile to find some...found em in 62 ft. of water...not another boat around in sight..they didnt start biteing for at least a half hr..was ready to leave and get out of the rain,then they started to turn on..the screen just lit up like fireworks..we didnt have to move all day.we came home with 46,lotsa jumbos..biggies like footballs...got home at 8pm left at 5am..long day///////

·
Registered
75 Posts
hey argee would you say you were only a mile out ? could you still see land ? my wife was going to go out with me sunday if the weather holds out and she isn't really comfortable going out in our boat .

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
It Was More Than A Mile...we Was N.w. Of The City Ramp..i;d Say About 5 Miles Out..there Was A Guy Going Out As We Were Coming In..he Was In Like A 14ft. Boat..the Lk Was Calm With No Wind At The Time..we Came In At 42 Mps .and That Was As Fast As My Boat Will Go..lotsa Of Sheephead And Gobies..if Ya Set It On The Bottom Too Long You Were Guaranteed A Gobie..i Did Catch A Nice Size White Bass Though......

·
Registered
75 Posts
thanks for the info the last time i went to conneaut we stayed in the creek trolling spoons for steelies . i don't think i would feel safe in a 14 footer out on the lake . we have a 18 1/2 foot crestliner so as long as the weather holds i think we will be fine . :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts