Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left conneaut at first light on Tuesday 9-27. Went out to 62 fow where the pack was and slowly picked two limits of average size perch. Not long after we arrived at our spot I watched a small boat heading towards the pack. It was a guy on a jet ski. He was there probably a couple of hours and then headed towards shore,assuming he got his limit too. Whatever floats your boat.

·
Banned
1,197 Posts
Like the song..." beer is good....and people are crazy.."

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
I knew of a guy that caught a 70+ lb Cobia from a jetski in Chesapeake Bay...needed to have someone come over and gaff it for him so he could lash it to the back of the jetski to drag home. I also was fishing on the reefs many years ago and a float plane came in, landed, and taxiied up to the boats drifting Niagara reef. He casted while standing on one of the floats, caught a number of Walleyes, then took off and flew home. Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do... ;)

·
Registered
798 Posts
I have several times seen a guy on a jet ski run bait out to people in the perch pack at Conneaut. I fished there yesterday also, saw 4 guys in a small boat out at the pack with a 9.9 said it took them over an hour each way to run out & in.

·
11 dayz
10,521 Posts
I have several times seen a guy on a jet ski run bait out to people in the perch pack at Conneaut. I fished there yesterday also, saw 4 guys in a small boat out at the pack with a 9.9 said it took them over an hour each way to run out & in.
now thats crazy. The smallest boat I ever went out on was a 14 v bottom with a 30 hp tiller. 2 people

·
Registered
18 Posts
I saw a guy last year about 3 miles off sandusky drifting for walleye with the rest of the pack. Had rod holders on it and everything. Your a lot safer out there in one of those than a small open boat. I would love to get a kayak and rig it for spanish and blues (and maybe cobia) off Nags Head. You could launch right from the beach.

·
Registered
263 Posts
LOL That guy has perch fished off Conny for at least the last 3 years on his jet ski. I see him almost every time I go out of Conny.

·
One On The Turn
440 Posts
Left conneaut at first light on Tuesday 9-27. Went out to 62 fow where the pack was and slowly picked two limits of average size perch. Not long after we arrived at our spot I watched a small boat heading towards the pack. It was a guy on a jet ski. He was there probably a couple of hours and then headed towards shore,assuming he got his limit too. Whatever floats your boat.
I was up there this past Sunday and also saw a guy fishing behind me in the middle of the pack on a jet ski. I believe it was yellow and white.

Keith R.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
I posted this somewhere on here a long time ago but years ago, I knew a guy at work that went out fishing regularly around the islands in his "freighter" canoe with a 3 HP on it. The canoe had been outfitted with outrigger floats and he regularly got checked out by the law but never was cited for anything. Guess there's no law against having lots of nerve! My son once fished 70 ft out of WW on a flat lake in my 16R w/25 on it, and limited on big eyes and steelies trolling dipsys/spoons.

·
Banned
14,059 Posts
i watched a couple of guys up at manistee mi just using float tubes. when they would hook up with one of those big fall salmon, the fight was on. and they did land a few while i was watching.
sherman

·
Registered
29 Posts
Last year my uncle and i were out 6 mile from conneaut and we talked with him(the guy on the yellow jet ski) he puts his minnows in the footwells of the jet ski and all the safety gear also a gps. he has been fishing from the jet ski for years is what he told us. it was about the same time last year and he said it was his last trip out for the year. he asked if we would follow him back in to the dock because he wanted to run most of the gas out of the ski. its a cheap way to fish from what he says.

realy nice guy to chat with. he owns the appliance store on rt.193 just south of the tracks in kingsville

·
Registered
430 Posts
Back in the Blue Pike days, it was a regular thing to rent a 14 food wood boat with a double set of oars and go out to 55 foot to do your thing. But then that was when boats were made of wood and men of steel. Now boats are made of plastic and so are the men.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts