Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got our perch limit from 63 fow in the big pack to the east and started on our other limits. Unfortunately the limits did not include walleye. We were really into the sheep of the deep and huge white bass. Doboy you would have been proud of me with those white bass. We were out at the 06 and 07 north-some had walleye and some not. Called it a day when I had my two dipsies tangle-it was a real cluster-#$*@. Ended up just cutting and hope I can untangle the harnesses. It was still a good day on beautiful Lake Erie-Very clear water out there.:)

·
HeWhoDiesWithTheMostToysWins
5,089 Posts
Thanks for the report Bill.
We almost made it up there yesterday too,,, AND I was going to call you to fill a seat, but the trip fizzled out! We were FRIED/ Burned out.
Ya, we caught some huge whites too, along with +- 6 'Good-eater-DRUM'! :p
Those white bass sure know how to screw up a bunch of braid/perch'n lines!

Did you catch ANY EYES AT ALL?
When we were sitting in 62', there were trollers all around, just N of us,,,
and they were NET'N!

SOMEDAY,,, I'm gonna get a chance to do that 'EYE' thing again.
(Once a year would suit me fine. ;) )

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jerry- no eyes at all. Yeah we started just north of the perch pack. I did not see any nets in the water while we were trolling. Jack said early bite for either one. We chose perch and it was SLOW after 8AM. We went out at 6AM-started at 630. Next time start Walleye first. Tom is having surgery on his other eye in August sometime-Maybe we can get an "eye "trip in. Oh yeah-all perch on Sabiki rigs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts