Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Lure Junkie
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently there is quite a current...I felt like a captain with no experience at times this weekend...I tangled up numerous times with just complete clusters that would make the worst of tangles look simple...but some adjustments were made and we figured em out...

Saturday had over 30 hook ups on a flat lake for our 24 fish limit...

Sunday was by far one of the most frustrating days of fishing I have had not just as a capt, but in my entire life...steel line tangling, dipsys spinning...it was like my first day on the lake...we got 3 tickets for my 3 clients but fought for every one of them...

Few pics...started to play with the new video cam, but haven't looked at the footage yet...

Till next week...

Fish Fishing Bass Sound Cod

Fishing Recreational fishing Casting (fishing) Jigging Recreation
Fish Fish Seafood

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Attachments

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Jeff we recorded a good current just north of the perch pack on saturday. At times, it was 1.5 mph difference between the surface and the ball.

The steel head messed with us a few times too. We had a serious board sinker then the chrome was 4' in the air and then gone.... the board surfaced a few moments later. That was fun!

Nice job out there as usual despite the mayhem.......

·
Lure Junkie
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya just dont appreciate mono until you wrap 2 wire lines together......then let them spin around out back for 20 or 30min....No lures were lost.....just patience....lol

·
Registered
57 Posts
We had issues as well. We were on an E to W troll due to the waves. Only the right side of the boat caught fish all day. The baits on the left were traveling slower than the ones on the right and they just couldn't catch a walleye. Caught some junk on that side, but no eyes. It must have had something to do with the current. Thankfully there were no tangles and we did manage a 2 man limit so it was still an awesome day for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts