Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Who was behind this? The State of Ohio or was this Federal Govt? Does it have to do with being a "safety issue"? Need more info.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Who was behind this? The State of Ohio or was this Federal Govt? Does it have to do with being a "safety issue"? Need more info.
Was told that it was closed by the Army Corp of Engineers!!! Was told that is is a safety issue with the high water! My point is, there are many riskds to fishermen, but I accept those risks!!! I would be ok with a sign that just gave a warning! PS. I am told they have closed many breakwalls along Lake Erie!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Young man drowned there last year trying to swim across opening. Wonder if that had anything to do with the decision?
i dought it theyve closed all the breakwalls along the ohio shore in the last year including huron, fairport and now conneaut...the water is really up high. ive fished fairport for 40 years... 5 years ago i had to extend the handle on my landing net all the way out to 10 feet. i would extend it all the way out and still had to kneel down to net a fish....last year i didnt have to extend it out at all the water was about 4 foot from the edge of the metal wall around the breakwall...think they are more worried about people getting washed off the walls by waves building more than anything...i had to get off the wall last year cause the waves started building and i was afraid i wasnt going to get back around the lighthouse and to the beach...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts