close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Congress lake

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ch23119, Aug 24, 2004.

1. I was hoping for some information on this lake due to the fact I've heard there are some nice pike in it. Any info regarding boat launches, other fish species, lures choices, etc would be appreciated. Thanks in adavance.

2. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I think it is a private lake....dunno if you have to be a member of some club or know someone whom is allowed in. I have on the other hand heard it is loaded with pike.

flash---------------------------out

3. lureboy98

lureboy98 Livin' the Lifestyle

If I'm not mistaken you have to be a member of the country club or a guest of a member to be allowed on the lake. There are also people that live on the lake that are allowed to fish in it and yes there are some nice pike and bass in there. I've seen some big pike taken from there and I caught a 6lb bass when I was like 10 fishing with my aunt at that lake.

4. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

This is a sore spot with me right now.

The lake is a 200 acre natural, totally private lake, owned by the Country Club. I have fished it for 4-5 years on Mondays. All that you heard about this lake probably came from me. One of my best friends has been the caddie master there for years, and he has taken me out 20 times or more a year on Mon (when the club is closed and mamagement employees are allowed to reserve a boat and motor).

Well, he just quit his job this week as caddie master and plans to return to school to finish his degree :( . I have to feel happy for him, but I lose out on fishhing the best lake I have have ever seen :( . This year alone, I have caught more than a dozen 4 lb+ bass, with about 4 o 5 5lb+ers. My biggest was a 6.5 this year. I also have pulled in a 38", 14 lb Northern earlier this year as well.

I will miss the lake because no other lake around has the QUALITY of fish in the numbers this lake has. It receives almost no pressure as all the millionaire members have better things to do than to fish. :confused:

Oh well, it was nice while it lasted :(

5. Brett quit? I never would have thought it. Havent seen him this summer but, used to see him 4-6 times a week at Bocassio's.
    Huntinbull

6. AndroDoug

You know Brett!!!! He and I have been friends for a decade. Who are you? I used to go down to Boccassio's semi-frequently and I threw darts. I got barred out of there mainly because me and Billy (the former manager/bouncer/cross eyed guy) did not get along at all. I will go in there occasionally still, but only a couple times a month. We probably have seen each other before. Lee and I are still cool though.

Anyways, he quit, or is going to quit soon. I wish him the best. He is then going to go to school and finish his degree. He can't work at the club anymore, AND go to school. Too many obligations and commitments. I know I could not suck up to rich people everyday of my life. If Brett follows through with everything he is talking about changing in his life, you will not see him anymore at Boccassio's. If you saw him 4-6 times a week down there, then you know this will a good change for him. I tried to tell him a job that pays him 35-40g a year for only 8 months of the year is a GOOD job! But he says the job is what has led to his problems. Oh well.

We probably have seen each other in there before! If Brett has ever told you of a fishing story before, it most likely was with me. He fished with almost no one else.

7. i wonder if they would hire me? i could put up with alot of crap just to be able to fish a lake like that.

j

8. I KNOW YOU!! This is Big John! I have thrown darts with you at Mike Danfords! Small world aint it?
    Huntinbull

9. AndroDoug

That's too funny! I throw every Sat night down at Danford's, including tonight. It IS a small world!

I didn't know you liked to fish and stuff. I love to target bass and pike. Besides Congress, I hit Mogadore and the Portage Lakes frequently, along with Springfield and LaDue occasionally. I was in the LaDue tourney this last spring. Cool. We'll be sure to chat about it next time we cross paths. Another dart guy that likes to fish is T Lowell. He has went out with Brett a couple times and we have talked many times about hooking up, but haven't connected yet.

10. AndroDoug

Just to make sure I am thinking of the right guy, you are John Mi*****s, right? You used to bounce down there too.

There is another "Big John" that has thrown down at Danford's that is an A player. An 11 I believe. You have a beard and used to go down to Boccassio's with the wife and kids to chow.

Am I on the right track? Do you have a distant relationship to Danford?

11. Thats me! Used to Bounce on Billy's nights off and down in Canton. We should hook up. My number is in my profile i think, probably under the icq number, give me a ring or drop an email.
    Huntinbull

12. Androdoug, does "Kentucky John" ring a bell?

13. AndroDoug

Kentucky, don't even tell me that's you! "Pete Moss"??? It is a small world. Darts and fishing...hmmm. Curious combination. Sometimes my arm hurts and is dead (especially after a bass tourney) and I can't throw a dart if my life depended on it. Too funny... I wonder how many other guys we know that we have no idea?

14. Andro,
    Pete Moss isn't Kentucky but he knows him. Pete how you been? You get everything straightened out? I been worried bout you.
    Doug, Me n Kentucky go to church together bout twice a week now, thats why we haven't been around the dart scene or at Danford's.
    Huntinbull

15. Huntinbull, thank you for the concern. I have pretty much got my health in order, but, what a rotten summer for me. New boat and motor, and has not been out of the driveway this summer. Went to Mogadore with my brother twice, and we have done real well on the gills.
    I know that you are looking forward to squirrel season.

16. You aint kidding. It opens Tomorrow! Im glad you have gotten everything squared around healthwise. Feel free to give me a call or drop by. 330-733-0082.
    Huntinbull