close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Congrats...!

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Hook N Book, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Playoffs or not, congrats to the Browns on a double digit win season. ;)

Now, hopefully, the Colts can make it even better. :D

2. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Thanks Rodney!
    Oh what could have been if they hadnt blown a couple of those close games.
    I am a Colts fan today!

3. I will add my name to the list as well...congratulations Browns.

4. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Even tho they didn't make the playoffs, i think Crennel should get the coach of the year for turning his team around like he has. Congrats on a great season browns.

5. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Thanks Chaunc...funny how a season can turn.
    Hopefully the young dawgs have learned the importance of every game.
    They were real close to the division crown.
    It was good to see better football and the future looks brighter.

6. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

Dang titans anyway!!
    I wonder how many times a team has finished with 10 wins and DID NOT make the playoffs?

7. i agree...BUT is he off to miami???? if he is and they dont sign D.A. and jamal it will be a big waste of a rebuild...back to the drawing board...:( i really thinf we have a great start to a great team but cleveland teams always seem to dismantle a good thing before they get r dun!!! i'll cross my fingers and hope for the best....

8. Congrats browns fans. Much improved team this year. Next year should be even better.

9. Unfortunate that the Browns didn't make the playoffs...bottom line is that they didn't win (against Cinci) & control their own destiny, but the Titans did. Congrats to them.
    The Browns certainly exceeded most (if not ALL) expectations this year & congrats to them. Folks, this is NOT the old Browns hierarchy.....Savage has done a GREAT job putting this team together, & I honestly feel he will do what's best. I am excited about next year.
    Mike

10. IMO...they should let Anderson go. Why did we draft Quinn if we keep Anderson. Quinn is our future and he should take the reigns next year. We may be able to get a decent draft pick for Anderson, Maybe a 3rd rounder. I do agree that we need to resign Jamal Lewis though. He was a stud this year.

11. It's in the Browns contract that if a team want DA they will have to give up a first round pic and rumor has it it could be Miami. But hay the browns won 10 games congrats, lets hope they keep this ball rolling.

12. DA is restricted free agent which means that if Cleveland signs him to an offer sheet, any team that matches the offer would have to compensate Cleveland with a 1st and 3rd round pick...

13. Hook N Book

Ditto...! :D They had better sign him too.

14. A 1st & a 3rd?....From Miami?...Bye DA!!!
    Sorry folks, but I'm just not a DA fan. I could be right & I could be wrong, but Brady seemed to move the team as well as DA on Sunday. All that tells me is it helps make my point about DA (or Brady, or any other QB) benefiting from Chud, the O-line, 3 top flight receivers, & a super power back. DA threw lots of picks in college & still does in the pros....what bothers me is that he constantly repeats the SAME mistakes, then makes excuses....the wind was bad for BOTH teams. He won't improve until he admits he needs to.
    Mike

15. As I have said before I'm not the president of Anderson's fan club... but as Brown's fan's when can we be glad with a VERY SOLID PERFORMANCE (10 win season). Everybody should do their homework before trading, cutting etc. This year Anderson had 1 more td pass than Brett Favre and Drew Bree's, Peyton Manning only threw for 200 more yds. and 2 tds than Anderson. And Roethlisberger threw for 600yds. LESS than DA!!! Do's anyone think these other qbs. are trade bait?!

16. Hook N Book

Parcell ain't that dumb...! :D

You just put Roethlisberger in the same category of some of the best QB's in the league...! :eek: :confused:

17. How could you ever put a QB with 32 TD passes and 11 int's in a season with the best QB's in the league for a season. Remember, Ben can do nothing but manage the games because of the system he plays in!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

18. I'm not putting any qbs. anywhere. What I'm saying is stats don't lie and we (Brown's) could do a lot worse than Anderson!

19. zachtrouter

zachtrouter FISHAHOLIC

10 wins is a great season!!!!! I was at the game sunday celebrating the season they had. That is only the 5th time a team has had 10 wins and not made the playoffs since 1990. As for DA he had a great year in what was his first full season. However, I would like to see them ship him off in some way shape or form for defensive linemen. Addressing that d-line has to be a necessity(sp?) A 1st & 3rd is a no brainer IMO. It was great to see Quinn put in the game and the crowd go crazy. He is the future qb of this team and will be starting to open the season. :D At least I hope. Now we gotta wait and see.

20. I just read an article on espn.com that was about DA and the contract situation...

Crennell said that it's looking like he will be the started in Cleveland next season. They haven't heard anything, as far as offers, from other teams but it's obviously way too early.

It was an interesting article. Jurevicious seemed to be behind Anderson staying but Winslow said that they drafted Quinn for a reason.

No matter who the starter is, they need to get Lewis resigned and then focus on the defense.