close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Congrats OGF member "recordbreaker"

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Big Daddy, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Your saugeye has been certified as a NEW State record! Way to go man!!!

OUTDOOR WRITERS of OHIO, Inc., ALL-TACKLE STATE RECORD FISH COMMITTEE

Tom Cross, Chairman

A new Ohio state record Saugeye has been certified by the Outdoor Writers of Ohio, State Record Fish Committee on December 31, 2004

Roger Sizemore of Orient, Ohio has caught a new state record Saugeye weighing 14.04 pounds from Antrim Lake in Franklin County on November 24th. Mr. Sizemore’s record catch was 30-1/8 inches long with a girth of 18-3/4 inches. The fish was caught on spinning tackle with 6 lb line, using yellow Berkley power bait at approximately 11:30 a.m.

The Saugeye is a hybrid cross between a sauger and a walleye, and stocked in many lakes throughout Ohio by the Ohio Division of Wildlife. Though Antrim Lake was never stocked with saugeye, there is some mystery as to how the fish got into the lake. ODNR fisheries biologist Steve Graham suspects either the fish gained access by a pipe that once connected Antrim Lake with the Olentangy River, which contains saugeye; or someone caught a saugeye from the Olentangy and transported it to Antrim Lake which is separated from the Olentangy by only a short distance.

Sizemore’s catch replaces Brian Bang’s state record saugeye that weighed 12.84 pounds and was caught from Alum Creek Lake on January 26, 2002.

The Ohio Division of Wildlife fisheries supervisor Steve Graham at Wildlife District One identified Mr. Sizemore’s record fish.

Ohio state record fish are certified by the Outdoor Writers of Ohio State Record Fish Committee. Assisting in the process is fisheries biologist with the Ohio Division of Wildlife.

For more information on Ohio’s state record fish program contact Tom Cross, Chairman, OWO State Record Fish Committee, 1497 Cross Road, Winchester, OH 45697 ph/fax (937) 386-2752 www.outdoorwritersofohio.com

2. Do you get any money for catching a state record fish?

3. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 Ohio State Alumni 05'

I'm sure they'll like the story $ :D $

4. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

Congrats! That is a story and fish of a lifetime! Many men and women fish for the chance to reel in a fish like that and it never happens. You are the envy of many, many people!

Stick around and share some more stories and info. You'll be a welcome addition!

5. congrats!!!!!! i'm only jealous. here's hoping you will be sharing this love of fishing with little people, kids.

6. So what happens now with the new record fish. Does Roger get the fish and possibly have it mounted or does the state keep it and have it mounted and showcased somewhere? Congrats Roger what a story you will have to share with the grandkids.

7. catking

catking Banned

Congratulations Roger !!! By the way 'Tiger, I believe " recordbreaker " already has the fish being mounted and a replicate made also..... CATKING

8. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Not sure if it's done yet Rick. I know he was going to get it done though. We'd like to have it to show at the Sports show in Feb.

9. AWESOME,
    You are one blessed individual Roger.
    I been fishing all my life for the oppratunity like that.
    CONGRAT and way to go man,
    Now, How you gonna top this one? Thinkin of a record Walleye?

10. Congratulations on a great catch. :) You will remember every detail of your catch each time you look at the mount. :cool:

11. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

congrats! it's an amazing fish and story!

12. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

wow way to go!

Which member are we congradulating ;)

13. catking

catking Banned

That would be " recordbreaker " Fishman ;) He is on the front page of this site ,along with the picture of the saugeye.... CATKING