Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does the chop look like today? I know they were calling for 2 or less but I don't believe it. I am headed up tomorrow through wednesday and they are forecasting the same conditions. Would like a better perspective of what I am getting into. It's a long drive from Columbus with a boat on your back!

·
Kiss The Converse
4,560 Posts
Looks pretty nice now. I'm sure it will kick up around 2 (when I go)!!!!

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Where you going out of Parma???

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thinking of Kelleys or out of Turtle. Trying to stay west. Our last trip the 1-3's turned out to be 5-7's drove three hours and fished an hour.

.SUNDAY...VARIABLE WINDS 10 KNOTS OR LESS BECOMING ONSHORE. MOSTLY
SUNNY. WAVES 2 FEET OR LESS.

What does becoming onshore mean?

·
Kiss The Converse
4,560 Posts
Edgewater....Might have a seat open..

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will probably have seats open Mon and Tues out west probably perchin...

·
Catcher of Fish
2,855 Posts
I talked to a buddy who is out of the Verm. R today and at 7:30 a.m. he said it was pretty flat.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Ohiohunter when they say the wind will become onshore means a seabreeze will be taking effect sometime during the afternoon.

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ohiohunter when they say the wind will become onshore means a seabreeze will be taking effect sometime during the afternoon.

That is what I thought. I am still a rookie I catch fish but I have no idea how to decifer some of this kid the people up there use. I swear they might as well be speaking swahilli sometimes...

Thanks for the comeback by the way much appreciated!

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Nick, Cfish and I are going tomorrow AM... Not sure where yet, maybe Wildwood, maybe Edgewater, maybe the Rocky... Gonna try some walleye in the AM and some perch later (possibly).

·
Kiss The Converse
4,560 Posts
Looks pretty nice now. I'm sure it will kick up around 2 (when I go)!!!!
Yep, I was right!! Went out for two hours and got beat up pretty bad! The next time there's a forcasted light North wind I won't be out there!

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Parm I was all excited till I heard that!

·
Kiss The Converse
4,560 Posts
That's funny.....I left the harbor and looked at my phone and it was 12:00 on the dot! "Fished" till 2 and said "THIS IS ENOUGH", tried drifting too with no luck! I should of just stayed in marina and let the dog chew on my leg for a few hours! At least I would of saved some gas!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts