Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have any trouble with belt loops breaking on pants that they wear while carrying? I have about 3 pairs of jeans, all different brands, that now have a broken belt loop on the side I carry. I have a compact .40 so its not like I am carrying a heavy full size 1911 around.

Any suggestions on how to avoid this problem?

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
It could be that when you sit or get into or out of your car your holster is putting pressure directly on the loop that is getting broken. The grip or handle of the firearm hitting the seat/armrest and acting as a lever to push against the loop. Only thing I can thnk of with the limited info given.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
No, I've never had that issue either. What type holster?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Are you using a good, thick, quality belt?? It makes a difference. Is you holster broke in enough?? Does the weapon come out easily/smoothly when drawn?? I personally, have not had this issue either.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its a leather belt that is pretty good, the holster is an in the waistband custom holster from crossbreed. I will alternate carrying in the small of my back and more towards the hip depending on how it feels that day and what I am wearing.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
If you're popping belt loops with an IWB, try the next size larger pant. Might want to spend a few extra dollars on a belt made for carrying the weight of a gun that has an insert sewn in to make it stiffer. I use one of these from 5.11 http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Accessories/Belts/Leather-Casual-Belt-15.html#ReviewHeader

I did just read some of the reviews on it but haven't had any of the issues they complain about. I've been using this belt for about 5 years now. There are other belts from various manufacturers, so take a look and find one that you like. These belts help with IWB, paddle and belt ride holsters.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had thought about that when I got the permit, I did actually buy bigger pants to allow for the gun. I will look into a better belt though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts