Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody going out for the evening bite? If so maybe we could work together.Jack at snug says does not look good. Let me know. This is probably the only time this week we can get out. Cell 330-503-7172
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
Not bad just got off. Rough this morning. Just two foot rollers now. Caught four early two on 3oz on inlines, one on dipsey set 3.5 back 175 pulling harness And last one on jet 50 back 200 with harness. Lots and lots of junkfish stealing worms we were in 72 ft ne of geneva. Good luck just too hot midday
 

·
Wizard of Eyez
Joined
·
288 Posts
So what's it gonna be Bill?

I'm leaving this evening and fishing the next two days out of Conny. Alot of the better Conny reports are east so I'd say that would be as good a choice as Ashtabula.

Let us know how you do and we'll do the same. Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
OK Joe?We have a chance to go early Friday am-thats what we will do-Indian Summer - find em Thur for us OK? My boat name is Sassy Sal see you Friday.OK Joe?
 

·
Wizard of Eyez
Joined
·
288 Posts
I'll let you know. Sitting here in Girard this morning (Thursday) waiting for some storms to pass. Ill be out eventually and then again tomorrow. Looks like it'll be a bit rough but hey.... gotta take the ups with the downs.... literally. Talk to you tonight. Been hearing good reports.
 

·
Wizard of Eyez
Joined
·
288 Posts
Well we had our ups and downs.... get it? Didnt wet lines until 11. After about 45 minutes of nothing we started getting steady action once we hit 72 ft. We were just east of the harbor. Reports said go NW but they said far northwest... like 14-16 miles. With two young kids with us we figured we better play it safe if we wanted to fish. Picked up 10 over about 1.5 hours. Color didn't seem to matter so much. 165 ft on a 3.5 setting and 125 or 130 back on 1.5. Hard to do less than 2mph so that was our speed. Fish were all sizes. A bright watermelon probably did best. The riggers were fairly quiet.

Tomorrow weather looks the same so we are going to leave a truck at Conny at 6 am and go launch at either Ashtabula or Geneva (if it doesnt look too bad) and troll with the waves at the stern all the way back to Conny. Should be interesting. We'll look for you. Ch 68. Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I got to Toms house at 430am and called snug-said wind was blowing good now and expecting bad weather at 9am-we scrubbed it for today. There is a lot of rain coming-if it just rain it would be ok but the wind is what made our decision. I don't know about
tomorrow yet-it won't be at conny because of dockfest-maybe Ash. Sounds like you did OK for the conditions-Bill
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top