close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Computer:

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by BottomBouncer, Feb 25, 2005.

1. This was the computer is used before I bought this one. It has windows '98 w/ Pentium II, monitor, keyboard, mouse, (2) speakers, etc... Will do most jobs, internet, papers.....just about anything you want to do. No viruses or anything.

I had to buy new 'puter for school so that I could use Microsoft Office XP for one of my information systems classes.

Asking $600 for everything. :)

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

0   0   0

bb. I hate to tell you this, but you can get new ones 10x as fast for half that.

That's what sucks about technology. It was considered obsolete yesterday.

3. LOL........I would probably almost take 1/2 of that :p

4. atrkyhntr

atrkyhntr Guest

0   0   0

I just bought one for $240.00 to add to my family of computers that is AMD 1.59 gig 224 ram beast with windows XP ...
    Give it to some needy kid and you'll feel pretty good about it...

5. Just tryin' to pick up some extra cash.....school books = $$$$$$$$$$$$

6. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

0   0   0

sometimes it's the needy kid that gets stucks with the comp. BB, i'm totally in your situation, I think someoen should buy it just to help you out then give it to a needy kid of their own! =-D

7. I'd still be using it.....like shake said....old technology.....it just won't run the programs i needed it to run.

8. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

0   0   0

Maybe run an ad on the school bullitin board. I bought a similar one myself last year for $200...Pent 3 that ran over $2,000 from Gateway in 1999 from a buddy. Hate to admit it, but it's more/less useless compared to what you can buy new. I understand you needing the money, might check out Ebay & see what they are bringing, maybe you could get more there. You might have to move it for about $100, as price is going to have to be the motivating factor. That's just my take, doen't mean a thing, with years of selling used furniture, I just come to believe most people only buy used because the price is so low they can't refuse.

Don't give up, there's someone out there whom it will just be perfect for, a senior adult who wants to try one, and to get emails & pictures from their children (maybe someone will get it for a parent or relative) or someone like me who needs one for thier kids to keep them off dad's machine. Cater your ad around that market.
    Here's a tip, check out getting used books too. My daughter did that, both sold some & bought some, paid less than $10 for one that runs $85 new...same book, be sure to check the numbers so you purchase the correct edition. ;)

9. atrkyhntr

atrkyhntr Guest

0   0   0

Very good advice Jim... Many times the used bookes are highlighted helping with studies...

10. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

0   0   0

Had a $1700 gateway few years back i couldnt give it away...i did end up sellin it for $100 talk about a loss but what can you do

11. Parrothead

Parrothead

0   0   0

BB,
    Are you still trying to seel that puter?
    You got any other specs on that thing?
    What MoBO is in it?
    What speed processor is the P2 in it right now?
    What brand is the 'puter?
    Does it have modem? 10/100? Sound Card? Graphics Card?

Let me know what's up.

12. Yeah, it has a modem. It is a Umax......other than that......I dunno. Been a long time.

13. Parrothead

Parrothead

0   0   0

BB,
    If you can get some pics of that thing and some more specs I might know someone intersted. If you can download a program called Belarc Advisor (free from www.Belarc.com ) and run the program it will tell me all the things I would need to know about it. You can save the results as a webpage or document and email it to me Pair8hed@yahoo.com

Also what is your bottom line on it?