close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

compare bows

Discussion in 'The Lodge' started by macfish, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Iam lookin at a pse and a fred bear generation 2 bows whats your opinion? cant think of the pse name for the life of me

2. Are they recurves or compounds ? .....Rich

3. It's tough for me to make a good comparison, as I've never shot either one, but maybe a few comments. PSE has a somewhat better reputation in the last 15 years, though I think the Bear bows these days are of just as good of quality. One negative thing I've heard about Bear lately is that they've recently been bought by another company. I can't remember the company's name, but from what I've heard, their customer service leaves A LOT to be desired. Always something to think about when buying a new bow. Make sure you pick a brand that will stand behind their products. And, as always, make sure whatever you pick fits you well.

4. Compound bows.
    Any advice on extras or best way to sight these bows in.

5. There's so many accesories out there today, it's tough to recommend anything in particular. The very best advice I could give you would be to go to a reputable pro shop and have them help you set it up. Most of the better ones will have a range where you can shoot and they'll help you get everything ready to go. They're not too tough to set up, but having someone experienced will be a huge help, plus they have all the tools that will be needed.