close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Come on guys! What's going on at CJ?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Crazy4Smallmouth, Jul 16, 2004.

1. I haven't been to CJ Brown in over a week and I'm wondering what's going on with the walleye bite. Don't keep it a secret. If you have been on CJ recently, then let me know how you did.

2. fshman_165

fshman_165 CJ Eye Hunter

Crazy4,
    We have had small storm cells causing thunder and lightning for the last 48 hours. On CJ this means that most of the eyes now are DEEP and skittish.
    It generally takes a few days of calm for them to resume their bite. I did go out Thursday morning and picked up 4 keepers in the 17 to 18 inch range, but I only caught 9 fish total. The eyes seem to have moved into their summer roaming pattern, which means ya have ta work your spots to find them. They may be in a certain bend of the creek channel for a day then they may move a half mile south and hold on a small rock pile on one of the clay flats. You just have to run and gun :)

3. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Awh......tell him the truth, the fish are biting so fast & furious you have to tie your lures on behind a tree to keep them from jumping in the boat ! :eek:

4. fshman_165

fshman_165 CJ Eye Hunter

.....You must have a crystal ball... or tarot cards! ;) :eek:

Fshman_165 :)

5. itroll2

itroll2 fishin IS heaven on earth

: b tween ot & honey do's I personally have not been out in 2 1/2 weeks. and the way my jeep sucks gas I'm more than likely gonna hit cc since it is much closer. UNLESS I see a + post 4 cj. good luck & GOD bless.

6. we went out to cj on sun the 18th. overcast and windy for most of the morning but few boats. tried out by the humps and then the roadbed by the docks. no walleyes at all. perch, white bass, blue gills, catfish (extremely small ones). a boat near us on the roadbed was drifting the roadbed for about 400 yards and then going back and repeating the drift caught one keeper that we saw but then parked it on one spot, obviously a good one. we left about noon.

all thumbs