Columbus Steelhead

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by howellin4, Dec 18, 2008.

1. howellin4

howellin4 Have Rod Will Fish

I know everyone is out after the eyes right now but I haven't been having any luck with them. I headed up to Antrim to see if any Steelhead were still around. Fished for around hour and 45 mins. I could see fish everywhere but it was almost an impossible bite. I managed to catch 2.

Attached Files:

2. Congrats man! Hope to see more reports from you.....

3. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

Nice fish. me and my dad tried our luck not to long ago only got 1 small one. What did ya get em on?

4. symba

symba Kayak Conquistador

Nice fish. I thought all the bigguns were gone by now. Maye not. Might have to head there tomorrow on my day off.

Great catch! What did you get them on?

5. howellin4

howellin4 Have Rod Will Fish

I threw everything in the tackle box at the fish. Power Bait fished 18" off the bottom was how I got the 2 you see. I could see fish anywhere from 12" to 36" all over the place. Some would follow a crankbait, others a spoon and still others a spinner but no bites. Two very random isolated bites on the Power Bait.(yellow color) Good Luck.

6. Steelwolve

Steelwolve COCC- Director

Nice fish, those are some nice ones for sure. I had a ? though. The Steelhead I catch up at Erie are all silver, and those appear to be a Rainbow Trout color. I always thought that Rainbow,Brown, and steelhead were types of trout like LM,SM,white bass, are all bass. Just curious.

7. Nice fish and pics. Maybe a cple of em just before they are eaten.

8. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Steelhead are Rainbow Trout. It is just a name for the color variation found up in the lake (or in the Ocean) when they are returning to spawn.

9. ErieAngler

ErieAngler Still Deadly w/ The Net

Actually I believe steelhead are a different strain that migrates from the lake to the rivers to spawn. Bows or Steel, those are nice ones from the ODNR release.

10. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

11. Steelwolve

Steelwolve COCC- Director

Thanks for the info and link Mushi. That clears up my confusion.